blood

Home Forums Fim Making Forums Production blood

This topic contains 65 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Uh oh 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 66 total)
  • Author

durco
    Participant

what are some options for blood in a film, i know of clay but what are some others and their advantages and disadvantages?

Dan
    Participant

It depends if the bloodshed is a climatic moment of your film. If it is I wouldnt skimp out on the effects, I would go with the real deal stuff.

But since minifigs dont bleed to well, I would go with water, sugar, and some food coloring.

I think no matter what you use, it wont be much fun to clean up. Unless you like that kind of stuff.

Dave
    Participant

cut your minifigs!!!
    chop them up with an axe and watch the blood flow, flow, flow!! HAHAHA 😈

David West
    Participant

For the blood in my avatar I just mixed corn syrup and red food coloring. Sometimes I add some water if I need it to drip, ooze, etc. etc. etc. But most of the time the stickiness is good for animating, it prevents the stuff from just running right off the minifig.

strider
    Participant

I use red paintballs. Just get a thumb tack, make a tiny hole in the ball, and squeeze the ‘blood’ out.

LowweeK
    Participant

The real question is : is blood necessarly required in your Brickfilms ? :roll

swaaf
    Participant

For a school film I used ketchup as blood. It looked pretty convincing. I used a knitting needle to put it on the right place.

mdn
    Participant

use red bricks to replace the one covered with blood. ❗
    i saw this technique in a movie (I do not remember which one) and was very impressive

marco

PS: I agree with Lowweek, though… Is it really that important to show blood in a movie?

furthur
    Participant

“mdn” wrote: PS: I agree with Lowweek, though… Is it really that important to show blood in a movie?

It depends. If an event occurs that would cause normally cause blood to come out of a new wound or pre-existing orifice, and you wish to have some degree of realism in your film, then of course it is important to show blood. What else would come out of a large head wound, for example? Perhaps some brain material and bone fragments, but most definitely blood. If there are no events that would result in blood coming out of a body, then the importance of showing it would be minimal.

Anonymous

you wish to have some degree of realism in your film,

dude, you’re animating toys with no elbows, no knees and only 7 points of articulation… realism? you crack me up.
    I’ve only used “blood” twice, and I did it in photoshop. used around Igawa’s “corpse” after he was shot on the head. and once when an imperial gusrd got his head exploded (non persistant blood, no splatter etc.) both times it was for comedic effect rather than any thoughts of “realism”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.