DC Independent Film Festival

Home Forums Events and Projects Forums Contests Discussion DC Independent Film Festival

This topic contains 21 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Leftfielder 11 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author

RevMen
    Participant

Hey kids, here’s some info on a cool film festival some of you may be interested in.

“Dan, the organizer” wrote: The Washington, DC Independent Film Festival (www.dciff.org) showcases world premieres, award winning features, shorts, animation and documentaries by local, national and international filmmakers.

In 2006, 110 films were shown during the festival. These films were selected from over 1,200 submissions. The 2006 festival held a animation session and is looking to grow that animation session in 2007 by including some brick films.

DCIFF is looking for a number of short (less than 6 minutes) brick films. All rights and permissions need to be in place for any submission (it is the sole responsibility of the applicant to obtain any and all necessary rights and permissions).

Additional information on how brick films can be submitted for free (a savings of $15) will be provided later.

That sound’s not so bad. However, I have yet to shoot a complete movie…

LegosJedi
    Participant

Looks interesting. Getting in there could get us closer to world dominiation! 😈

But, seriously, I does look like fun. I might be interested in submitting something.

Littlebrick
    Participant

Prizes????

RevMen
    Participant

I’ve given you all the information I have.

saulgoode
    Participant

“Littlebrick” wrote: Prizes????

Be aware that not all film festivals are competitions. There is nothing inherently wrong with sharing art for the sake of art.

Having said that, I am opposed to having to pay to submit films to a festival. I remain interested in how the submission fee might be dismissed.

Flash1015
    Participant

Well since they are encouraging the production of brickfilms, and plus they’ll probably shuffle through all the crap to only showcase “good ones” it won’t really cost them that much.

So wait, lego films are A-ok for big official film festivals?

Littlebrick
    Participant

“saulgoode” wrote: [quote=”Littlebrick”]Prizes????

Be aware that not all film festivals are competitions. There is nothing inherently wrong with sharing art for the sake of art.

Having said that, I am opposed to having to pay to submit films to a festival. I remain interested in how the submission fee might be dismissed.[/quote]

Just wondering. If it doesn’t cost any money, I may submit a film (I’m on a very low budget).

R&R
    Participant

When I read DC I thought it was a superhero film contest. Oh, well 🙁

Sweet! I may concider entering something…. I dunno what, but something…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.