Horror

Home Forums Community General Brickfilming Horror

This topic contains 29 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Krick
    Participant

I am currently making a film based on the poem “The Earl King” by J. W. Goethe. (Not meaning to copy Go!Le!Go.) It only takes inspiration from the character The Earl King and does not just visually show the poem. Anyway, I am trying to make it a bit scary. This is a bit hard to do in bricks so I am looking for suggestions. I am not looking for specific things that would be scary, I can do that on my own. I want to know what would make people scared. (Gore, blood, things popping out, etc.)

peanutstudios
    Participant

Lighting is very important.

Krick
    Participant

Good thinking PS. All the shots I’ve taken so far are in a dark bedroom.

MindGame
    Participant

Atmosphere is a key element. That can be achieved through lighting and acting. Horror films will require good voice actors to sell the atmoshpere and mood (I wouldn’t cast your dad again, if I were you).

There are many different types of horror. There’s creepy horror, where the story or characters tickle that certain part of you that runs shivers down your spine.

Then there’s “OMG, I, liek, ttly didnt c taht comin’!1!” horror, where things jump out at the audience using loud noises, like scary figures in the darkness, or scary flashbacks (See Good Company for reference).

Then there’s gory horror, which is self explanatory.

First decide what you’re after, and then go from there.

-MindGame

Krick
    Participant

The film has no dialogue on purpose. It is seeming mostly like “creepy horror.” I don’t think that gory horror would be very effective in a brickfilm.

MindGame
    Participant

No dialogue, eh? Well, then I guess your biggest allies here are atmosphere and music.

-MindGame

Krick
    Participant

I’ll compose a good score for it, that should help.

MR.un0
    Participant

Well, MindGame just about nailed every thing a good horror film need’s.

Like you said Krick it’s hard to make a good horror film with Bricks. But look at Hali’s ”Good Company.” That was one of the best horror Brickfilms I’ve seen. The Atmosphere and Characters (I think) were the key in that film.

With no dialogue I think this would add some horror to this film of yours. Good luck with it.

-un0

R&R
    Participant

A “gory horror” film in bricks is basicly a comady. Popping out at you type is easy, but not scary, just shocking. Go with creepy horror.

Anonymous

weird things

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.