Motion Blur

Home Forums Fim Making Forums Production Motion Blur

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kyle 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CrystalBrick
    Participant

Hey,

Yesterday I was looking for a program (or a plug-in) that can render motion blur. What I found was this nice little piece of software:

http://www.revisionfx.com/mblur.htm

I tried the demo and it’s very nice, it really makes everything look more smooth. The only thing that isn’t so nice and little about it is the price.

Does anybody know anything cheaper (or even free..?) or should I stick with doing every single frame in Photoshop?

Anonymous

Although it doesn’t do quite as nicely, for video I would try videomach. There is also winmorph, but I don’t think it can handle video, only stills.

Shadow the Rebel
    Participant

What program do you plan on using Mblur with?

CrystalBrick
    Participant

After Effects.

Smeagol
    Participant

Axogon Composer also has a motion blur function. The main difference between the VideoMach/Axogon blur effects and the mblur plugin is that mblur actually creates realistic vector blur, whereas the other two just overlay previous frames with a decreasing opacity rate. (the result is that you can see the previous frames faded in slightly, but there is no true “blurring” involved.) Hope this helps.
    -Smeagol

Kyle
    Participant

The company that sells that is a really good company but there FX are always so good that rendering takes some time. Its THE tool for frame rate conversion. 60i to 24p, not an issue anymore. 🙂

-Kyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.