Photography

Home Forums Community Featured Articles Photography

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Leonardo812 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Leonardo812
    Participant

Today I was feeling creative, so I walked around my house with my camera and took pictures of common things in my home, playing around with settings and other techniques. I touched them up a little – rotating, cropping, trying out some adjustments – and here’s what I got. I was able to get some nice-looking effects. I especially like the light rays from through the blinds in my room.

I resized them, so they shouldn’t be too large.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Timothy Ratner
    Participant

Very nice. Picture one and two look nice, but I do not like the last picture that much. Looks a bit grainy.

Leonardo812
    Participant

That’s kind of a long story. We’re redoing our bathroom because of water damage, and it’s right next to my room. My dad was sawing sheet rock, which creates a TON of dust. That’s how I got the light rays. Unfortunately, it makes the picture look a little strange.

Lackadaisical
    Participant

“Timothy__Ratner” wrote: Very nice. Picture one and two look nice, but I do not like the last picture that much. Looks a bit grainy.

No, I love the third

Nick Durron
    Participant

I agree; the third is very nice (as are the other two). The straight-on view of the wall is somewhat boring, though.

Leonardo812
    Participant

Nick – what do you think that I should have done to change that? My window is directly to the left of the camera facing to the right.

Ladon
    Participant

The third is the best of all three, imho. The straight on view is fine for me, the painting is the main focus my eyes are drawn to.

However that same exact photo could be made in photoshop without a photograph, so a bit of an angle would have been nice too. Still, looks great.

Leonardo812
    Participant

So you’re thinking just something to make it look more real. Just a slight angle so that the frame stands out a bit more. I see what you mean. It actually almost looks like a painting or something.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.