Set Advice

Home Forums Community General Brickfilming Set Advice

This topic contains 16 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Littlebrick 11 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author

FrontLineSpartan119
    Participant

I know it’s mentioned in a tutorial I read up on that i should only build what the camera sees, but what if that isn’t enough? For example, my war-torn city that Missions in Mombasa takes place in doesn’t exactly have enough structure in the front to count it as a building. Here’s a sample picture of the city:

Compared to my sample building, it’s completely distorted. These building shouldn’t even count as buildings for a city, but I’m low on legos and my parents agree that it would be weird for a boy of 18 to buy legos now.
    Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. If this topic is already posted anywhere, go ahead and move this somewhere else.
    I basically need tips on set building. It’s going to be Halo, so I’ll try to switch up the different environments this series takes place in. Thanks again everyone and later!

TwoBit
    Participant

Since when does age matter when purchasing Legos? Look at me, I’ve bought Legos in the past year or so and I’m nearly a quarter of a century old.

Anonymous

“TwoBit” wrote: Since when does age matter when purchasing Legos? Look at me, I’ve bought Legos in the past year or so and I’m nearly a quarter of a century old.

Pfft, get outta here GRAMPS! 😛
    For serial though, I don’t see what age has to do with buying LEGO pieces. Last time I checked, they don’t discriminate.
    I say buying some more bricks would be the way to go.

Shale
    Participant

“FrontLineSpartan119” wrote: These building shouldn’t even count as buildings for a city, but I’m low on legos and my parents agree that it would be weird for a boy of 18 to buy legos now.

Never be ashamed of your hobby. We are brickfilmers, and we must buy bricks!

ko48
    Participant

my parents agree that it would be weird for a boy of 18 to buy legos now.

So?? many pepolear 20+ years old and still buying lego’s.

Never be ashamed of your hobby. We are brickfilmers, and we must buy bricks!

totaly 8)

infurno
    Participant

“FrontLineSpartan119” wrote: I’m low on legos and my parents agree that it would be weird for a boy of 18 to buy legos now.

Why would that be weird? I don’t think the shop owner will refuse you the LEGO, just because you’re 18. I’ve bought a lot of LEGO in shops and I’m 15.
    But if you really don’t want to buy it at a shop, you should buy it at bricklink.

“Shale” wrote: Never be ashamed of your hobby. We are brickfilmers, and we must buy bricks!

You’re damn right !

RP Hoogle
    Participant

Well if you think it’s is embarassing the solution is even more embarassing at first. You must buy a doll. A baby doll. Now that’s embarrasing. Then get a pram then you are now a parent. free to buy all the lego without embarassment. Also if you aren’t scared of internet shopping use bricklink.com

Night Owl
    Participant

Just say it’s for a kid you know without acting like a pervert.

Krick
    Participant

I would go get it with a friend. “So, this is what your little brother said he wanted?” “Yup.”

Markenration
    Participant

I’m actually proud to be a lego fan when I buy legos in the store, because I consider myself as a brickfilmer. With the additional amount of lego, you should be able to build your city.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.