joined 1 year ago
The BrickFilms Wiki
How to submit a film to the Brickfilms Directory
The Brickfilms Directory features reviews, synopsises, and a fully searchable database to find many of the premiere brickfilms that are publicly available. The Directory entries will oftentimes also contain links to the directors’ individual homepages which might have some additional works that are not in the Directory.
Brickfilms.com does not host the movies in the directory. It is only a resource for those us involved in the hobby. [forums] are a great place to announce the creation and posting of your films. Brickfilms is more than happy to link to a web page with your movie on it and there are several places on the Internet where you can create a website
Not all movies submitted to the Directory are accepted; Brickfilms.com has a panel of reviewers which will preview your film and there is a possibility that your film could be rejected. Review Panel member Richard Frost has offered the following advice regarding this decision-making process:
- You cannot submit somebody else’s film. If you think a film should be in the directory, tell the director to submit it themselves.
- Is your film at least 50% animation? One 40 second film I rejected today had only 8 seconds or so of film and 2 seconds of movement.
- Is there a point to your film? It should tell a story, tell a joke or maybe be a music video or documentary. Pointless films will be rejected. This includes tests, random fights, bank robberies etc.
- Is your film any good? Seriously, get somebody else to watch it and give you honest feedback.
- Have you made derogatory comments about your own film in your Director’s Comments? If you think it’s crap, what do you think we will think?
- Have you provided a working link to your film? No, really, have you tested it? Does it link to some obscure directory? Does it link to your own PC? Does it link to a web page so that we have to hunt for the film?
- Have you compressed it a little? Seriously, we will not download a 75Mb sized 40 second fight scene, even if it was made by Steven Spielberg! Well, maybe if it was made by him.
- Have you provided a decent thumbnail? Lack of a thumbnail will seriously delay your review. End of story.
- Don’t hassle reviewers in the forums. Seriously – don’t. We do this for no reward other than our satisfaction in helping the community. Don’t hassle us to review your film and don’t hassle us about our reviews. If you can’t take criticism, don’t submit your film. If you can’t wait for reviews, post your film in ‘Post and Review’.
In order to submit a movie to the directory you will need to provide a name for the directors spot. Most often, people do not want to employ their real names on the Internet as a precaution. Please be respectful when choosing a name (no curses or other inappropriate words). It is a good idea to choose a single name which you will keep for your entire brickfilming “career”, as all of your movies will appear under a searchable database
Comment display has been disabled on this doc.
Comment posting has been disabled on this doc.