JoeStrout

  • “RevMen” wrote: I don’t think making a good film is a waste of time in any case.

    OK, granted, but I would have chosen a different film and a different schedule if not for the (mistaken) belief that my film would be considered for the SW movie contest.

    Anyway, RevMen, I see the “administrator” badge on your brick ;), so I ask you directly: can…[Read more]

  • “RevMen” wrote: I don’t think making a good film is a waste of time in any case.

    OK, granted, but I would have chosen a different film and a different schedule if not for the (mistaken) belief that my film would be considered for the SW movie contest.

    Anyway, RevMen, I see the “administrator” badge on your brick ;), so I ask you directly: can…[Read more]

  • LEGO won’t crack down on us about using their bricks to make our films. They may have chosen an incompetent company to run their contest, but they’re not evil — and I don’t think they’d have a legal leg to stand on anyway, even if they did want to incur huge amounts of goodwill. Seriously, can you imagine any toy company suing its best c…[Read more]

  • “TwickABros” wrote: I’m for it. We have what, 6, 7 entries? Are you talking about a page or just a forum thread? Then we can go on all the lego related forums and post a link to it.

    I suggest a page, with a nice thumbnail and description for each movie, plus a section at the top (or maybe a link to another page) where we calmly lay out what…[Read more]

  • “TwickABros” wrote: I’m for it. We have what, 6, 7 entries? Are you talking about a page or just a forum thread? Then we can go on all the lego related forums and post a link to it.

    I suggest a page, with a nice thumbnail and description for each movie, plus a section at the top (or maybe a link to another page) where we calmly lay out what…[Read more]

  • “Nick Durron” wrote: Well, I don’t suppose there’d be any prizes for our unofficial contest… such as a $500 S@H gift card. :wink

    No, and I’m not suggesting we even have our own contest. Just a page explaining (calmly) what happened, and showcasing the films that never made it into the gallery.

  • “Nick Durron” wrote: Well, I don’t suppose there’d be any prizes for our unofficial contest… such as a $500 S@H gift card. :wink

    No, and I’m not suggesting we even have our own contest. Just a page explaining (calmly) what happened, and showcasing the films that never made it into the gallery.

  • I got a reply today too:

    “PromoSupport” wrote: All reviews and approvals were finished at the end of July. LEGO reviewed and approved all video submissions. The video’s that are currently in the galleries were the video’s that were selected by LEGO.

    So, I think that’s that; they screwed up, and they’re not going to admit it, explain it, or…[Read more]

  • Ditto here.

    Maybe we should post our own gallery of “Ignored SW Contest Films”, right here on brickfilms? That will make it easier for people to see the problem, since all the ignored films will be in one place (we should group them by age category in the same way the contest does, though).

  • Ditto here.

    Maybe we should post our own gallery of “Ignored SW Contest Films”, right here on brickfilms? That will make it easier for people to see the problem, since all the ignored films will be in one place (we should group them by age category in the same way the contest does, though).

  • “Thrawn” wrote: Well done! Animation was nice, as well as the sets and backgrounds. I thought it was very enjoyable throughout. Chewie eating pizzas was pretty funny. 🙂 I also liked the floating soccer ball.

    Thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

    “Thrawn” wrote: Great film, it has a good chance of winning! 🙂

    Thanks, I wish it were true — but t…[Read more]

  • Thanks for the kind words, Rome. I’m very glad you enjoyed it.

    Best,
    — Joe

  • I got a reply from Steve (the LEGO Community Relations Coordinator):

    “Steve Witt” wrote: Thanks for the info. I’ll see what I can find out and pass this along
    to the organizers.

    Everything I’ve seen indicates that Steve is a great guy and really does care about the LEGO community. So I’m much comforted to know that at least he’s looking into…[Read more]

  • I got a reply from Steve (the LEGO Community Relations Coordinator):

    “Steve Witt” wrote: Thanks for the info. I’ll see what I can find out and pass this along
    to the organizers.

    Everything I’ve seen indicates that Steve is a great guy and really does care about the LEGO community. So I’m much comforted to know that at least he’s looking into…[Read more]

  • Let’s stay focused here — this thread is about the mess that’s been made of the SW movie contest, not strange policies in LEGO forums. 🙂

    I’ve just written to Steve Witt, who is the LEGO Community Liason for the U.S. I tried to explain very clearly what went wrong here and why so many of us are upset, and also pointed him to this thread (so l…[Read more]

  • Let’s stay focused here — this thread is about the mess that’s been made of the SW movie contest, not strange policies in LEGO forums. 🙂

    I’ve just written to Steve Witt, who is the LEGO Community Liason for the U.S. I tried to explain very clearly what went wrong here and why so many of us are upset, and also pointed him to this thread (so l…[Read more]

  • Two days ago they said they were still reviewing films (including mine)… yet we still have only twelve films in the 18+ gallery (and still not including mine, as well as others mentioned here). And they still appear to have voting open for the three that happened to be submitted days before the deadline.

    Sheesh. What a bunch of buffoons.…[Read more]

  • Two days ago they said they were still reviewing films (including mine)… yet we still have only twelve films in the 18+ gallery (and still not including mine, as well as others mentioned here). And they still appear to have voting open for the three that happened to be submitted days before the deadline.

    Sheesh. What a bunch of buffoons.…[Read more]

  • I just got a reply to my email.

    “promosupport@rtm.com” wrote: Some videos are still being reviewd. Lego has the final approval for a video to be entered into the gallery.

    This is interesting on several levels. First, if they have to go to TLG before they can add a film to the gallery, then this explains some of the slowness. But of course,…[Read more]

  • I just got a reply to my email.

    “promosupport@rtm.com” wrote: Some videos are still being reviewd. Lego has the final approval for a video to be entered into the gallery.

    This is interesting on several levels. First, if they have to go to TLG before they can add a film to the gallery, then this explains some of the slowness. But of course,…[Read more]

  • Load More