10 Brick Contest

This topic contains 145 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Redmurunga Redmurunga 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Buxton
    Buxton

:roll

10 elements overall, credits allowed at either end (but I’d recommend keeping them short) and the whole thing to be no more than 2 minutes long. It’s that simple.

I can’t say for definite, but I would guess that if the credits further the story in any way, they count as one or more elements. If it’s just a fancy CGI thing with the title of your film spinning like a top and giving off flashes of lightning, I’d call it one element. And a pretty annoying one at that.

#65339 Reply
    Profile photo of Lechnology
    Lechnology

crap! Got to simplify my credits.

#65391 Reply
    Profile photo of Buxton
    Buxton

Actually, no. If it’s not related to the story in any way other than to announce its title or say who made it, I’d say that a credit sequence doesn’t count as an element. Not that my opinions count for much – I’m not one of the organisers, after all.

That’ll teach me to post before breakfast.

#65431 Reply
    Profile photo of Markenration
    Markenration

Some people were asking me is that have to be exact 10, or could 10 and under? But anyways, i made 10. Posting this for my friend. :)

#65506 Reply
    Profile photo of Nosniborus
    Nosniborus

“The Official Ten Brick Contest Rules” wrote: The film must not contain more than 10 visible elements.

Looks like you could have just one brick, if that was really what you wanted.
    And please, before you post a question, check the official rules. They’re really short and simple, and they’re on the main page. Here’s another link anyway: Ten Brick Contest Official Rules

-Nos

#65622 Reply
    Profile photo of IndyA
    IndyA

my fault,
    If i had read more carefully i would have realized,
    no more than 10 elements in the FILM. Sorry for wasting
    your time Chris, and nos.
    Adam

#65712 Reply
    Profile photo of Count Orlock
    Count Orlock

Buxton, do what I am going to do. Have the start and end credits going while the action starts and ends. It’ll save time and look professional.

#65757 Reply
    Profile photo of brickbrock
    brickbrock

“Buxton” wrote: Actually, no. If it’s not related to the story in any way other than to announce its title or say who made it, I’d say that a credit sequence doesn’t count as an element. Not that my opinions count for much – I’m not one of the organisers, after all.

Exactly my thinking… ! thanks Buxton.

brickbrock

#67072 Reply
    Profile photo of David West
    David West

Ok, I’m sorry to ask yet another question, but this hasn’t been asked yet and I think that it is a valid question. We’ve already established that an effect is an element. My question, is that if you use the same effect multiple times, is that one element, or does it count as one element every time you use it? Since you are allowed to use the same elements more than once, my first guess would be yes. However, since it isn’t an effects oriented contest…

Also, someone early asked if it multiple entries were allowed. It was never answered, so if someone could answer it, that would be much appreciated.

Oh, and would decals count as elements?

#67081 Reply
    Profile photo of brickbrock
    brickbrock

“David West” wrote: My question, is that if you use the same effect multiple times, is that one element, or does it count as one element every time you use it? Since you are allowed to use the same elements more than once, my first guess would be yes. However, since it isn’t an effects oriented contest…

The same effect used twice would be one element. Its still the same effect as it woulf be still the same brick.

“David West” wrote:
    Also, someone early asked if it multiple entries were allowed. It was never answered, so if someone could answer it, that would be much appreciated.

Multiple entries are allowed. However a single director may submit only one voting ballot on which he is not allowed to vote on his own films.

“David West” wrote:
    Oh, and would decals count as elements?

Tricky ground here… I would say: yes they are independent elements. However, this leaves the question how to deal with printed bricks, or with such that are fabricated with a decal. I would say that a printed brick (since it cant be separated) is one element, whereas a brick with a decal is two elements. Since these two cases might be difficult to distinguish, it might be wise to avoid ‘decorated bricks’ altogether or to provide a parts-number for the printed bricks.

hope this made things clearer,
    brickbrock

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 146 total)
Reply To: 10 Brick Contest
Your information: