10 Brick Contest

This topic has 1 voice, contains 145 replies, and was last updated by Avatar of Redmurunga Redmurunga 3580 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
October 18, 2004 at 6:02 pm #63733
CrystalBrick

Can you have only one figure built out of 10 bricks, or multiple out of 10 bricks or can you only use for example 2 figures both built from 5 bricks?

October 18, 2004 at 6:06 pm #63734
Clemens1

“CrystalBrick” wrote: Can you have only one figure built out of 10 bricks, or multiple out of 10 bricks or can you only use for example 2 figures both built from 5 bricks?

2 10 piece Figures would be 20 pieces, but 2 5 piece Figures would
be 10 pieces.

October 18, 2004 at 7:02 pm #63745
CrystalBrick

k I understood

October 18, 2004 at 7:44 pm #63758
Buxton

Can you specify a compression limit – no more than 3MB per minute or something? I don’t want to be downloading a 100MB 2 minute film.

October 18, 2004 at 7:46 pm #63760
RevMen

Can you specify a compression limit

Hey n00b, read the contest page. ;)

Entries must not be longer than 2 minutes.

To ensure, that also non-broadband users can download most of the films we require a version of the film with a resolution of max. 320×240 and a max. size of 2MB encoded in either RealMedia or DiVX.

In addition to that, a high quality version may be submitted. This must not have a filesize bigger than 8MB and should be as well in either RealMedia or DiVX.

October 18, 2004 at 8:23 pm #63764
Markenration

This is very interesting. I think i’ll be in this contest. :)

October 18, 2004 at 9:00 pm #63772
Buxton

“RevMen” wrote:

Can you specify a compression limit

Hey n00b, read the contest page. ;)

Contest page schmontest page. I refuse to enter any contest where the rules in the initial forum post are not fully explained and exactly 100% correct, right down to the finest detail.

And what about these prizes? Huh? You can’t just say “there will be prizes”.

You people make my blood boil!!

spoiler:
jk

October 18, 2004 at 10:15 pm #63788
Lechnology

So the background and baseplates would not be considered part of the 10 elements. That I understand. What I’m want to know is whether or not the set would be counted. Say I included a “brick” wall or furniture sets or anything that would be considered background and not the main focus of the movie. Would those count?

*Furnitures, I would most likely assumed, would be counted*
I know you want us to think outside the box, but just to clarify things, you know.

I’ll join, but I’m not interested in the prize.
I sense a great amount of raised eyebrows. Here comes the scrutiny that’ll turn this contest thread into a war zone

October 18, 2004 at 11:24 pm #63800
Tim

Sounds pretty interesting…. I’ll give it a try maybe.

October 19, 2004 at 7:43 am #63863
brickbrock

Lechnology wrote

So the background and baseplates would not be considered part of the 10 elements. That I understand. What I’m want to know is whether or not the set would be counted. Say I included a “brick” wall or furniture sets or anything that would be considered background and not the main focus of the movie. Would those count?

I would say yes, furniture will be counted, so it basically depends in how many elements it can be decomposed. (Be aware that all entrys are required to have a picture of every element used during the film). I would say a brick (real stone, not Lego) is more a background, as long as its structure is not a element of the film. (reads: having it in the backgound -> ok. having figures climbing on that wall -> prohibited)

Buxton wrote:

I refuse to enter any contest where the rules in the initial forum post are not fully explained and exactly 100% correct, right down to the finest detail.

You know the attention span around here, don’t you ? ;)
oh already so late, I have to work now….

October 19, 2004 at 7:59 am #63867
Stefan

I edited the first post to include the full rules. Prizes are still only listed on the contest page.

We discussed the music issue, and agree that this shouldn’t hold people out of the contest. As Christoph puts it:

Christoph wrote: IMHO everyone should be allowed to use any music he wants. I think this
contest more like a private party, where also nobody thinks about the
copyrights of the CDs beeing played. In the end we want this to be an
animation contest, not a composition contest :)

So, though we do not encourage the use of copyrighted material (it will, for example, get in the way if you want to show your film at other places later), we will not disqualify a film just because it uses copyrighted material.

One more word on the background issue: as I see it, a background/backdrop is something that would have looked just as well had it been printed and placed behind the set. To avoid confusion, I would discourage the use of Lego elements in the background.

Oh, one more thing. You are allowed to play with multiple camera angles. No need for a fixed viewpoint.

Stefan.

October 19, 2004 at 1:34 pm #63880
Clemens1

Ok, I’m in, a good chance to work on my animation,
oh and one more question, is the use of dialogues in the films
allowed?

October 19, 2004 at 1:47 pm #63882
brickbrock

Ok, I’m in, a good chance to work on my animation,
oh and one more question, is the use of dialogues in the films
allowed?

Why should dialogues be forbidden? Of course you can use as much talking as you like.

brickbrock

October 19, 2004 at 8:15 pm #63910
Mr. Less

Sounds interesting. I shall give it a shot.

October 20, 2004 at 1:02 am #63948
GopedGuy

Ok im entering i think one question if you change scene can u change ur 10 bricks or do u have to keep the same ones? Like my main creature is the same but can i change a flower to a wall?

Thanx exile

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.