10 Brick Contest

This topic contains 145 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Redmurunga Redmurunga 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David West
    David West

If you need to do some masking, so you build a structure to support a figure, do those pieces count?

#63707 Reply
    Profile photo of brickbrock
    brickbrock

Just for clariity, here are the rules again:

1. The film must not contain more than 10 visible elements.

2. Everything (from Lego or else) that can be detached without breaking is an element (see example below)

3. Every element visible (apart from background and optional baseplate) will be counted.

4. This is an animation contest, not a Special Effects contest, so the use of effects other than masking is strongly discouraged. Visible items like digitally added smoke, laser beams, etc. will be considered ADDITIONAL elements and are therefore only to use if there are no more than 10 elements INCLUDING the special effects visible during the film (rule 1).

5. A still picture showing all elements visible during the film must be included in the credits.

so:
    only elements will be counted that are visible at any time of the film. Supportive structures that either remain hidden or are edited out in postprocessing by masking will not be counted.

have fun
    brickbrock

#63730 Reply
    Profile photo of Clemens1
    Clemens1

But the use of music or sound fx is allowed?
    If “yes” can we used copyrighted material?

#63731 Reply
    Profile photo of Holgor
    Holgor

So if I show a brick moving around a real bottle, that bottle counts as element?

If yes, my idea was just destroyed :(

#63732 Reply
    Profile photo of Go!Le Go!
    Go!Le Go!

MUSIC & SFX do NOT count as elements. you can give your horse a ride in that case ;-)

copyrighted material should not be used anyway.

i would say: copyrighted music IS prohibited in the 10BC.
    but this is NOT the last word about it. i sended a email to stefan and christoph so we will decide together….

… and now: happy planing YOUR 10 Brick Movie….

steffen

edit:
    to HOLGOR:
    the bottle would count as a element. but with one brick stepping around the bottle: you still have 8 elements left….

#63733 Reply
    Profile photo of CrystalBrick
    CrystalBrick

Can you have only one figure built out of 10 bricks, or multiple out of 10 bricks or can you only use for example 2 figures both built from 5 bricks?

#63734 Reply
    Profile photo of Clemens1
    Clemens1

“CrystalBrick” wrote: Can you have only one figure built out of 10 bricks, or multiple out of 10 bricks or can you only use for example 2 figures both built from 5 bricks?

2 10 piece Figures would be 20 pieces, but 2 5 piece Figures would
    be 10 pieces.

#63745 Reply
    Profile photo of CrystalBrick
    CrystalBrick

k I understood

#63758 Reply
    Profile photo of Buxton
    Buxton

Can you specify a compression limit – no more than 3MB per minute or something? I don’t want to be downloading a 100MB 2 minute film.

#63760 Reply
    Profile photo of RevMen
    RevMen

Can you specify a compression limit

Hey n00b, read the contest page. ;)

Entries must not be longer than 2 minutes.

To ensure, that also non-broadband users can download most of the films we require a version of the film with a resolution of max. 320×240 and a max. size of 2MB encoded in either RealMedia or DiVX.

In addition to that, a high quality version may be submitted. This must not have a filesize bigger than 8MB and should be as well in either RealMedia or DiVX.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 146 total)
Reply To: 10 Brick Contest
Your information: