10 Brick Contest

This topic has 1 voice, contains 145 replies, and was last updated by Avatar of Redmurunga Redmurunga 3634 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 146 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
October 20, 2004 at 1:04 am #63949
jay

I apologize for being a rules-poker but I wanted to bring something else up so you can clarify for everyone. Although it says that it’s not a special effects oriented contest, it does say that masking is allowed and that brings up the possibility of the same object appearing on screen more than once at the same time.

To my thinking this would be a no-no but I thought we should get the official ruling before anyone starts with their “clever” workarounds.

-j

Also, a clarification for myself: changes in the lighting of the “set” – would that be considered a special effect at all?

October 20, 2004 at 8:08 am #63978
brickbrock

gopedguy wrote:

Ok im entering i think one question if you change scene can u change ur 10 bricks or do u have to keep the same ones? Like my main creature is the same but can i change a flower to a wall?

the film must not contain more than 10 elements, that is in grand total. of course you can exchange elements from scene to scene but then you have to us less elements for your objects (i.e. characters).

zirkusaffe wrote:

Although it says that it’s not a special effects oriented contest, it does say that masking is allowed and that brings up the possibility of the same object appearing on screen more than once at the same time.

the rules about specialFX were intended to read something like: “what cant be seen, doesn’t count” everything else like duplicating elements, film in film and all that like will be treated like smoke or explosions or everything else.

FX should only be used to make things invisible…

zirkusaffe wrote:

Also, a clarification for myself: changes in the lighting of the “set” – would that be considered a special effect at all?

No. But I would strongly disencourage the excessive exchange of backgrounds. While I think this should be ok. to indicate different sourroundings, it might also be used to tell quite some part of the story, which is not intended here.

but I notice, there is a gray-zone in the rules about the backgrounds.

hope this made things clearer,
brickbrock

October 20, 2004 at 8:34 am #63980
LowweeK

Sounds very interesting…
I got to think twice about a story.

October 20, 2004 at 2:12 pm #63990
Mirko

2. Everything (from Lego or else) that can be detached without breaking is an element (see example below)

Does tearing apart a chunk of clay count as “breaking” – just kidding :) .

Very interesting, this might be the first contest I take part in.

Mirko

October 20, 2004 at 2:52 pm #63998
brickbrock

Does tearing apart a chunk of clay count as “breaking” – just kidding

so clay is infinite elements -> be carefull that it stays invisible ;)

but I think nobody will complain about a lumb of blue-tack that wasn’t hidden properly.

October 20, 2004 at 2:59 pm #64002
LG

This is a very intresting idea.
10 bricks (or other elements) , eh? Quite a challange!

October 20, 2004 at 8:56 pm #64039
GopedGuy

Omg im so srry im stil confused. You can use a total of 10 bricks but can u change your bricks in a differnt scene? ex Humaan=10 in one scene, next scne dog=5, plants=5. Canu do this ?

thanx Exile

October 20, 2004 at 9:14 pm #64045
Felix

“brickbrock” wrote: the rules about specialFX were intended to read something like: “what cant be seen, doesn’t count” everything else like duplicating elements, film in film and all that like will be treated like smoke or explosions or everything else.

What about mirrors?

Is a mirror considered a special effect or an object?

I guess the reflected bricks would count as extra bricks so a 5 brick creature should be fine. But would the mirror count as an extra object? The mirror is kind of part of the set maybe it could be considered as a background…?

The scene would be very bright and white, similar to hali’s doorway so there isn’t much more background or setting that could help to tell the story.

October 20, 2004 at 9:32 pm #64049
Markenration

alrite, confirmed, I’m in. :)

October 20, 2004 at 10:13 pm #64062
Buxton

“gopedguy” wrote: Omg im so srry im stil confused. You can use a total of 10 bricks but can u change your bricks in a differnt scene? ex Humaan=10 in one scene, next scne dog=5, plants=5. Canu do this ?

thanx Exile

No.

October 20, 2004 at 10:54 pm #64086
GopedGuy

Holy moly this is reallt hard. I cant think of a way to take up a max of 2 minute with just 10 bricks. wow this is gona be hard.
great contest

Exile

October 20, 2004 at 11:07 pm #64090
Markenration

That’s why it requires creativity. :wink

October 20, 2004 at 11:13 pm #64092
Lechnology

Like making a lego toy walk isn’t creative enough :lol: .

Just kidding. Time to explore deeper into my artistic side of the brain.

October 21, 2004 at 1:00 am #64109
kayman2000

Hello,
I’m wondering if more than one base piece can be used, given that the camera changes angles, or for a film that may require a longer base, could i put two together, ect? Would that be legit?

October 21, 2004 at 1:15 am #64112
Kyle

neat idea, although it sucks that your due date is the same as my contest. You planned this eh? Figured you’d demolish my contest eh? Yea well, you stink! J/K :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.