10 Brick Contest

This topic contains 145 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Redmurunga Redmurunga 12 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Markenration
    Markenration
    Participant

yay. Done animating 🙂

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That was quick! The deadline is ages away!

Profile photo of Nosniborus
    Nosniborus
    Participant

How ’bout multiple entries? :mischief

-Nos

Profile photo of David West
    David West
    Participant

What if, say, you have a “u” shaped piece. It is one piece, but part of it is off screen so that it looks like two lines. I don’t know if what I am saying makes sense, so here is a visual”

black = off screen red = on-screen

UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UU
    UU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU

Would that count a one piece, or two? Also, if your film has a hud with something in, say, every corner of the screen, would the hud count as one element, or would it count as four, since there is something in every corner?

Edit:

Sorry, few more question. If, your film took place on a LEGO ship, would it count as an element or a baseplate/backdrop, as long as the figures didn’t really interact with it? And, are titles considered elements?

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

Guys, its not that hard. Take ten lego peices, animate. Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.

Not rocket science.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Hey guys,
    Took me long enough to find this thread. I usually don’t check this forum very often. Wow! I think I’ll enter this contest.
    It will be a pleasure beating all of you. 😛

-Dave

Profile photo of Cometgreen
    Cometgreen
    Participant

“Timboh56” wrote: Guys, its not that hard. Take ten lego peices, animate. Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.

Not rocket science.

Apparently it is for you. If you took off that last part (“Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.”), then you’d be right. But you can’t just animate 10 bricks and then do whatever you want.

😛

Cometgreen, who doesn’t see why so many people want to work around the rules

Profile photo of Nickyfilms
    Nickyfilms
    Participant

wow. This is quite a challenge, dunt know if i should enter or not. 😕

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

“Cometgreen” wrote: [quote=”Timboh56″]Guys, its not that hard. Take ten lego peices, animate. Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.

Not rocket science.

Apparently it is for you. If you took off that last part (“Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.”), then you’d be right. But you can’t just animate 10 bricks and then do whatever you want.

😛

Cometgreen, who doesn’t see why so many people want to work around the rules[/quote]

umm, you get the point. YOu do whatever the bloody crap you want following the rules.

Profile photo of brickbrock
    brickbrock
    Participant

“David West” wrote: What if, say, you have a “u” shaped piece. It is one piece, but part of it is off screen so that it looks like two lines. I don’t know if what I am saying makes sense, so here is a visual”

black = off screen red = on-screen

UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UU
    UU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU

Would that count a one piece, or two? Also, if your film has a hud with something in, say, every corner of the screen, would the hud count as one element, or would it count as four, since there is something in every corner?

not to shure about that, I would say its two elements if the connection is never seen in the movie the (U part). For the HUD I’d say its an element because its most likely a special effect. 4 elements if things are not connected.

“David West” wrote:

Sorry, few more question. If, your film took place on a LEGO ship, would it count as an element or a baseplate/backdrop, as long as the figures didn’t really interact with it? And, are titles considered elements?

Taking place on something is already pretty much interaction. I dont think you should place a complete set in the Background and declare this as an backdrop. As wandrer said:

One more word on the background issue: as I see it, a background/backdrop is something that would have looked just as well had it been printed and placed behind the set. To avoid confusion, I would discourage the use of Lego elements in the background.

Use one without any bricks…

Titles are not considered as elements

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.