10 Brick Contest

This topic contains 145 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Redmurunga Redmurunga 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan

In chat I was asked about Technic figs. I know for a fact that the heads can be taken off, and from this film and this film-to-be it becomes clear that arms and legs must be removable as well. Should anyone submit a film using a technic fig, I will experiment on my figs and likely find out that they are composed of more than 10 elements. So be warned.

Stefan.

#64323 Reply
    Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan

An older film that is very much in the spirit of this contest is called “The Job”. With some care, this film could probably be reduced to 10 pieces without many obvious concessions.

After a brief search I found, to my surprise, that the film is still online! Since it’s hosted at Geocities, I don’t expect the bandwidth to hold out for long, and decided to upload a temporary mirror.

Stefan.

#64326 Reply
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This contest sounds like alot of fun so I think I will try to enter. I already have a script I am working on; It came to me in one of the weirdest dreams I have ever had.

Hmm… Now I will have some uses for some of the bricks in those 2 new 1000 piece tubs I just got at walmart…

#64357 Reply
    Profile photo of Markenration
    Markenration

yay. Done animating :)

#64360 Reply
    Profile photo of 02lyons
    02lyons

That was quick! The deadline is ages away!

#64367 Reply
    Profile photo of Nosniborus
    Nosniborus

How ’bout multiple entries? :mischief

-Nos

#64402 Reply
    Profile photo of David West
    David West

What if, say, you have a “u” shaped piece. It is one piece, but part of it is off screen so that it looks like two lines. I don’t know if what I am saying makes sense, so here is a visual”

black = off screen red = on-screen

UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UU
    UU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU

Would that count a one piece, or two? Also, if your film has a hud with something in, say, every corner of the screen, would the hud count as one element, or would it count as four, since there is something in every corner?

Edit:

Sorry, few more question. If, your film took place on a LEGO ship, would it count as an element or a baseplate/backdrop, as long as the figures didn’t really interact with it? And, are titles considered elements?

#64403 Reply
    Profile photo of Tim
    Tim

Guys, its not that hard. Take ten lego peices, animate. Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.

Not rocket science.

#64404 Reply
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave

Hey guys,
    Took me long enough to find this thread. I usually don’t check this forum very often. Wow! I think I’ll enter this contest.
    It will be a pleasure beating all of you. :P

-Dave

#64405 Reply
    Profile photo of Cometgreen
    Cometgreen

“Timboh56″ wrote: Guys, its not that hard. Take ten lego peices, animate. Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.

Not rocket science.

Apparently it is for you. If you took off that last part (“Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.”), then you’d be right. But you can’t just animate 10 bricks and then do whatever you want.

:P

Cometgreen, who doesn’t see why so many people want to work around the rules

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 146 total)
Reply To: 10 Brick Contest
Your information: