10 Brick Contest

This topic has 1 voice, contains 145 replies, and was last updated by Avatar of Redmurunga Redmurunga 3563 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 146 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
October 29, 2004 at 5:25 am #65332
Buxton

:roll

10 elements overall, credits allowed at either end (but I’d recommend keeping them short) and the whole thing to be no more than 2 minutes long. It’s that simple.

I can’t say for definite, but I would guess that if the credits further the story in any way, they count as one or more elements. If it’s just a fancy CGI thing with the title of your film spinning like a top and giving off flashes of lightning, I’d call it one element. And a pretty annoying one at that.

October 29, 2004 at 6:40 am #65339
Lechnology

crap! Got to simplify my credits.

October 29, 2004 at 5:57 pm #65391
Buxton

Actually, no. If it’s not related to the story in any way other than to announce its title or say who made it, I’d say that a credit sequence doesn’t count as an element. Not that my opinions count for much – I’m not one of the organisers, after all.

That’ll teach me to post before breakfast.

October 29, 2004 at 9:17 pm #65431
Markenration

Some people were asking me is that have to be exact 10, or could 10 and under? But anyways, i made 10. Posting this for my friend. :)

October 30, 2004 at 5:41 am #65506
Nosniborus

“The Official Ten Brick Contest Rules” wrote: The film must not contain more than 10 visible elements.

Looks like you could have just one brick, if that was really what you wanted.
And please, before you post a question, check the official rules. They’re really short and simple, and they’re on the main page. Here’s another link anyway: Ten Brick Contest Official Rules

-Nos

October 30, 2004 at 7:09 pm #65622
IndyA

my fault,
If i had read more carefully i would have realized,
no more than 10 elements in the FILM. Sorry for wasting
your time Chris, and nos.
Adam

October 31, 2004 at 3:56 am #65712
Count Orlock

Buxton, do what I am going to do. Have the start and end credits going while the action starts and ends. It’ll save time and look professional.

October 31, 2004 at 11:42 am #65757
brickbrock

“Buxton” wrote: Actually, no. If it’s not related to the story in any way other than to announce its title or say who made it, I’d say that a credit sequence doesn’t count as an element. Not that my opinions count for much – I’m not one of the organisers, after all.

Exactly my thinking… ! thanks Buxton.

brickbrock

November 7, 2004 at 6:37 am #67072
David West

Ok, I’m sorry to ask yet another question, but this hasn’t been asked yet and I think that it is a valid question. We’ve already established that an effect is an element. My question, is that if you use the same effect multiple times, is that one element, or does it count as one element every time you use it? Since you are allowed to use the same elements more than once, my first guess would be yes. However, since it isn’t an effects oriented contest…

Also, someone early asked if it multiple entries were allowed. It was never answered, so if someone could answer it, that would be much appreciated.

Oh, and would decals count as elements?

November 7, 2004 at 11:59 am #67081
brickbrock

“David West” wrote: My question, is that if you use the same effect multiple times, is that one element, or does it count as one element every time you use it? Since you are allowed to use the same elements more than once, my first guess would be yes. However, since it isn’t an effects oriented contest…

The same effect used twice would be one element. Its still the same effect as it woulf be still the same brick.

“David West” wrote:
Also, someone early asked if it multiple entries were allowed. It was never answered, so if someone could answer it, that would be much appreciated.

Multiple entries are allowed. However a single director may submit only one voting ballot on which he is not allowed to vote on his own films.

“David West” wrote:
Oh, and would decals count as elements?

Tricky ground here… I would say: yes they are independent elements. However, this leaves the question how to deal with printed bricks, or with such that are fabricated with a decal. I would say that a printed brick (since it cant be separated) is one element, whereas a brick with a decal is two elements. Since these two cases might be difficult to distinguish, it might be wise to avoid ‘decorated bricks’ altogether or to provide a parts-number for the printed bricks.

hope this made things clearer,
brickbrock

November 7, 2004 at 12:30 pm #67082
brad_checkett

I can now turn my quick time movies into real player movies. I am having problems with e-mailing it though. When I click download it says file not found. I can click on save target as but I don’t know if the person reciving the message can open it up. I wouldn’t care otherwise but having realplayer is one of the requirements for the contest. :evil

November 7, 2004 at 5:40 pm #67120
David West

Are you trying to Email the actual file? Don’t do that. Instead, upload the film to brickshelf (tutorial on how to do this in the Resources) and email a LINK to the film.

BTW, Thanks brickbrock, all f my questions are answered and I can now get to work :D .

November 9, 2004 at 2:30 pm #67448
Stefan

“some guy, in a PM,” wrote:
Are we allowed to show “thin” bricks that are holding multiple base-plates together? I accidently showed one in a shot – but not only is it the same color as the base-plate, but it isn’t part of the story in any way. Is this all right?

I think I speak for all organisers if I say we won’t disqualify you for such a small issue.

Stefan.

November 9, 2004 at 2:59 pm #67458
Schlaeps

Almost done with my film… It’s gonna be good. I might submit two if I get the chance…

November 9, 2004 at 11:43 pm #67510
Nosniborus

Multiple entries are allowed. However a single director may submit only one voting ballot on which he is not allowed to vote on his own films.

:shock: Dang. I thought multiple entries weren’t allowed! I asked this:

How ’bout multiple entries?

And the answer was supplied in chat, so I never pushed the issue. The final word in the chat was “Multiply entries will most likely be discouraged because of voting complications.”
:cry: . . . :wink I just might make two entries still…

-Nos

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.