10 Brick Contest

This topic contains 145 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Redmurunga Redmurunga 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kluf
    Kluf
    Participant

“brickbrock” wrote: [quote=”David West”]What if, say, you have a “u” shaped piece. It is one piece, but part of it is off screen so that it looks like two lines. I don’t know if what I am saying makes sense, so here is a visual”

black = off screen red = on-screen

UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UU
    UU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU

Would that count a one piece, or two? Also, if your film has a hud with something in, say, every corner of the screen, would the hud count as one element, or would it count as four, since there is something in every corner?

not to shure about that, I would say its two elements if the connection is never seen in the movie the (U part). For the HUD I’d say its an element because its most likely a special effect. 4 elements if things are not connected.

[/quote]

No, it’s one element, I’m pretty sure. You have to make a picture with all ten elements on it. Then you see that it is one element.

Oh, I know ”The Job”. I downloaded it some month ago when I was such a stupid geek and downloaded nearly every brickfilm I could find. Nice that my harddrive crashed then. I’m curious why you thought it would be offline.

Profile photo of brad_checkett
    brad_checkett
    Participant

I am done with my animation for the contest. The software I use is Xipster and exports films into Quick time. How do I transfer it to realtime or divx. :excited:

Profile photo of kayman2000
    kayman2000
    Participant

Are you concerned about ghosting objects. (in otherwords editing the frame so their are faded duplicates of the object trailing behind it in order to make it look as though it has some sense of movement)
    Would these ‘ghosted’ objects count as bricks?

Profile photo of Mr. Less
    Mr. Less
    Participant

Using the great piece of software, Multiquence, for mine. Almost have 30 seconds of footage. Mine shall pwn joo alls. 8)

I think I should enter the contest to! 😀

Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan
    Participant

kayman: if it’s just a trail, you’ll be fine, I think.

Stefan.

Profile photo of brickbrock
    brickbrock
    Participant

“brad_checkett” wrote: I am done with my animation for the contest. The software I use is Xipster and exports films into Quick time. How do I transfer it to realtime or divx. :excited:

I am tempted to reply: What do you think the “search button” is for? But this time I’ll post something more usefull

http://www.brickfilms.com/phpBB2/viewto … ktime+real

brickbrock

Profile photo of GopedGuy
    GopedGuy
    Participant

Exile just started filming and is 30 seconds into it. Hey u can use real to change windows into real? i probably wont win but i love doing small contests like this

Peace maybe i wil win 😮
    Exile

Profile photo of Mirko
    Mirko
    Participant

Ok, I’m going to enter. I even bought some new pieces on ebay today. If there are only 10, they have to be the right ones :).

Mirko

Profile photo of seniorstevo
    seniorstevo
    Participant

I want to enter sooooo many contest… but I can’t 😥 I have other films going on… how tragic

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.