10 Brick Contest

This topic contains 145 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Redmurunga Redmurunga 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nickyfilms
    Nickyfilms

wow. This is quite a challenge, dunt know if i should enter or not. :?

#64407 Reply
    Profile photo of Tim
    Tim

“Cometgreen” wrote: [quote=”Timboh56″]Guys, its not that hard. Take ten lego peices, animate. Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.

Not rocket science.

Apparently it is for you. If you took off that last part (“Then for the rest, do whatever the bloody crap you want.”), then you’d be right. But you can’t just animate 10 bricks and then do whatever you want.

:P

Cometgreen, who doesn’t see why so many people want to work around the rules[/quote]

umm, you get the point. YOu do whatever the bloody crap you want following the rules.

#64419 Reply
    Profile photo of brickbrock
    brickbrock

“David West” wrote: What if, say, you have a “u” shaped piece. It is one piece, but part of it is off screen so that it looks like two lines. I don’t know if what I am saying makes sense, so here is a visual”

black = off screen red = on-screen

UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UU
    UU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU

Would that count a one piece, or two? Also, if your film has a hud with something in, say, every corner of the screen, would the hud count as one element, or would it count as four, since there is something in every corner?

not to shure about that, I would say its two elements if the connection is never seen in the movie the (U part). For the HUD I’d say its an element because its most likely a special effect. 4 elements if things are not connected.

“David West” wrote:

Sorry, few more question. If, your film took place on a LEGO ship, would it count as an element or a baseplate/backdrop, as long as the figures didn’t really interact with it? And, are titles considered elements?

Taking place on something is already pretty much interaction. I dont think you should place a complete set in the Background and declare this as an backdrop. As wandrer said:

One more word on the background issue: as I see it, a background/backdrop is something that would have looked just as well had it been printed and placed behind the set. To avoid confusion, I would discourage the use of Lego elements in the background.

Use one without any bricks…

Titles are not considered as elements

#64454 Reply
    Profile photo of Kluf
    Kluf

“brickbrock” wrote: [quote=”David West”]What if, say, you have a “u” shaped piece. It is one piece, but part of it is off screen so that it looks like two lines. I don’t know if what I am saying makes sense, so here is a visual”

black = off screen red = on-screen

UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UU
    UU
    UUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUU

Would that count a one piece, or two? Also, if your film has a hud with something in, say, every corner of the screen, would the hud count as one element, or would it count as four, since there is something in every corner?

not to shure about that, I would say its two elements if the connection is never seen in the movie the (U part). For the HUD I’d say its an element because its most likely a special effect. 4 elements if things are not connected.

[/quote]

No, it’s one element, I’m pretty sure. You have to make a picture with all ten elements on it. Then you see that it is one element.

Oh, I know ”The Job”. I downloaded it some month ago when I was such a stupid geek and downloaded nearly every brickfilm I could find. Nice that my harddrive crashed then. I’m curious why you thought it would be offline.

#64522 Reply

I am done with my animation for the contest. The software I use is Xipster and exports films into Quick time. How do I transfer it to realtime or divx. :excited:

#64541 Reply
    Profile photo of kayman2000
    kayman2000

Are you concerned about ghosting objects. (in otherwords editing the frame so their are faded duplicates of the object trailing behind it in order to make it look as though it has some sense of movement)
    Would these ‘ghosted’ objects count as bricks?

#64550 Reply
    Profile photo of Mr. Less
    Mr. Less

Using the great piece of software, Multiquence, for mine. Almost have 30 seconds of footage. Mine shall pwn joo alls. 8)

#64551 Reply

I think I should enter the contest to! :D

#64625 Reply
    Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan

kayman: if it’s just a trail, you’ll be fine, I think.

Stefan.

#64643 Reply
    Profile photo of brickbrock
    brickbrock

“brad_checkett” wrote: I am done with my animation for the contest. The software I use is Xipster and exports films into Quick time. How do I transfer it to realtime or divx. :excited:

I am tempted to reply: What do you think the “search button” is for? But this time I’ll post something more usefull

http://www.brickfilms.com/phpBB2/viewto … ktime+real

brickbrock

Viewing 10 posts - 71 through 80 (of 146 total)
Reply To: 10 Brick Contest
Your information: