10 Brick Contest

This topic has 1 voice, contains 145 replies, and was last updated by Avatar of Redmurunga Redmurunga 3519 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
November 18, 2004 at 6:23 am #68855
David West

Before I start filming, I have to ask ONE more question. Would it be OK if my film takes place on a hilly landscape? The hills will just be brown and green with no vegetation.

November 18, 2004 at 9:35 am #68884
Mirko

All entries must be received in the form of an e-mail containing:
1. a working (for the time of the contest) link to at least the small version your film.

Does this mean the link to the movie will have to be published here for everyone, or will you copy all entries to a central place (like an account on the brickfilms.com server) from where people will be able to download? The reason I ask is that I have no idea what kind of traffic a contest like this will produce.

Mirko

November 18, 2004 at 10:07 am #68885
brickbrock

Before I start filming, I have to ask ONE more question. Would it be OK if my film takes place on a hilly landscape? The hills will just be brown and green with no vegetation.

should be ok.

“m1rk0″ wrote:
Does this mean the link to the movie will have to be published here for everyone, or will you copy all entries to a central place (like an account on the brickfilms.com server) from where people will be able to download? The reason I ask is that I have no idea what kind of traffic a contest like this will produce.

We will host the entries for the voting period (and shortly therafter (30th Nov to 15th Dec)) on Brickfilms webspace. (thanks Revmen :) ) This is to ensure that all files are available to everyone during the voting procedure.

In the WoW contests my netry with about 8MB pruduced something like 3GB of traffic.

brickbrock

November 18, 2004 at 8:32 pm #68938
Markenration

Good. The entries will be hosted on Brickfilms webspace. :)

November 19, 2004 at 1:56 am #68985
Sigmaphi

mhm, can we post our films on our website before the judging ends?

November 19, 2004 at 10:27 pm #69101
KG

Another lame question before I start filming: would a picture of a minifigure be counted as one element?(Example: Hali’s film Dare to be Diffrent)

November 20, 2004 at 4:04 am #69142
hali

Good question. Keep in mind that I had one separate photo for each movement in that film. I had lots of cut outs to get that effect.

I still think that most of these questions could have been avoided if the rules were along the lines of :o ne baseplate. one single colour backdrop. 10 physical BRICK elements (ie that come as part of a set for construction). but that’s me.

November 20, 2004 at 2:16 pm #69212
brickbrock

“Sigmaphi” wrote: mhm, can we post our films on our website before the judging ends?

before the judging ends? yes!!!
Correction:
before the judging starts? We did not make rules about that. So fell free to post your entries at any time you like.
actually, there is a rule about this which forbids making the films public before the submission deadline

“Karateguy” wrote: Another lame question before I start filming: would a picture of a minifigure be counted as one element?(Example: Hali’s film Dare to be Diffrent)

a very difficult one. As long as the picture does not change I would say yes. If it does its more like a movie within a movie so I would say every element counts. Basically, its the same question if you could have a photo of a Lego set as background.

“hali” wrote: I still think that most of these questions could have been avoided if the rules were along the lines of :o ne baseplate. one single colour backdrop. 10 physical BRICK elements (ie that come as part of a set for construction). but that’s me.

we just did not think that people would be that creative in finding loopholes in the rules. :)
After all our intention is quite clear.

brickbrock

corrected on 21st of Nov for obvious nonsense :oops:

November 20, 2004 at 10:27 pm #69326
Mirko

“brickbrock” wrote: [quote="Sigmaphi"]mhm, can we post our films on our website before the judging ends?

before the judging ends? yes!!! before the judging starts? We did not make rules about that. So fell free to post your entries at any time you like.[/quote]

The rules say:
“Entries cannot be made publicly available until their presentation via the Contest web-page shortly after the submission deadline. “

I think it’s better that way. If people who have already finished their’s publish it now it could be either discussed to death or hyped a lot, while other films don’t get as much recognition, simply because they are only available in a period where people have to watch all the other entries, too. But that’s just my opinion as someone who will finish his movie near the deadline ;) .

Mirko

November 21, 2004 at 2:17 pm #69441
brickbrock

:oops:
Thats the part I’ve copied from RevMen….
:oops:

November 22, 2004 at 10:45 pm #69797
KG

I just sent my entry.

Can’t wait till I unleash it upon the world….:P

November 23, 2004 at 4:49 am #69871
Markenration

O YEA…1 more week…. :) Waited for almost a month and a half. :P

November 23, 2004 at 5:03 am #69875
protowrxs

Just curious..
Will there be any feedback in regard to if our film links have been received?
Would hate to miss out from a ‘technical error’…
.. Ok, ok it would likely be a ‘stupid user’ error but still.
Thanks
-Stephen

November 23, 2004 at 8:55 am #69905
Stefan

I think Brickbrock intended to make a list of entries received thus far.

Stefan.

December 6, 2004 at 6:17 pm #72875
Kristian

I intended to make a movie for this contest, but never came longer than building the set. The two reasons to this was that I didn’t have time, and that my camera didn’t work.

Here’s how the set looked like:

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.