2006: Election Guide

HomeForumsGovernmental ForumsCitizens2006: Election Guide

This topic has 1 voice, contains 13 replies, and was last updated by Avatar of Matthew Buick Matthew Buick 2885 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
December 29, 2006 at 8:15 pm #248195
Dragoon

Let’s rate our Ministry of Information and Ministry of Filming Resources candidates based on 3 important factors (regularity, aptitude, and demeanor (since politics IS about personality)), starting with Information. We will rank the candidates in each section, and using reverse point system we will then create a tally to determine the best candidate.

Regularity:
-Smeagol Studios has experienced occasional hiatuses, but has been a regular visitor of the site for a good while now.
-Trillspots has been an off-and-on visitor of the site for several years now, although certainly not as active as some users. Her regularity is pretty comparable to Smeagol’s.
-KG is a leading poster in the forum and is active on the site almost every day.

KG – 3 points
Trillspots – 2 points
Smeagol – 2 points

Aptitude:
-Smeagol Studios clearly possesses enough competence to post news articles on the front page, and as a brickfilmer could clearly find things of interest.
-Trillspots clearly possesses enough competence to post news articles on the front page, but as a devotee of mainly the community forum has a dubious amount of interest in brickfilming affairs.
-KG clearly possesses enough competence to post news articles on the front page and is a champion of finding information on the internet. His writing style may put some off.

Smeagol – 3 points (total: 5)
KG – 2 points (total: 5)
Trillspots – 1 points (total: 3)

Demeanor:
-Smeagol Studios possesses a professional demeanor, and is a cool-headed and intelligent member of the forum with decent writing abilities. He has a tendency to make unfunny jokes but his sense of humour is otherwise subtle and suitable for the main page.
-Trillspots is a generally well-liked member of the forum with decent writing abilities and a distinct, personal style (which could be a benefit or a flaw depending on how personal you want the front page news)
-KG is a generally admired forum member with a sense of humour that to some would be quite welcome on the front page, but to others off-putting.

Smeagol – 3 points
KG – 2 points
Trillspots – 2 points

Totals
Smeagol – 8 points
KG – 7 points
Trillspots – 5 points

I’ll continue with the Ministry of Filming Resources later.

December 29, 2006 at 8:17 pm #248196
Trillspots

Very concise Dragoon, I like it! :) It seems very accurate.

-Trill

EDIT: I would like to add though, that I have made brickfilms. (None that I’d want to post, because they’re terrible.) And, although I don’t post in the brickfilm-related threads often. I read nearly all of them. :)

December 29, 2006 at 8:52 pm #248211
Dragoon

Ministry of Filming Resources

I’ll use the same criteria, although I would emphasize the first two above the third as far as this Ministry goes (I created several ties in that category so it would not be so heavily weighted).

Regularity:
-LegosJedi, having joined early this year, posts on average several times a day and is active in virtually all forums.
-Gray Scale is a relatively long-time member who experiences occasional lapses in visitation to this site (like any sane, healthy, adult human being)
-brianfast is has visited the site frequently for over a year (much to the dismay of some of our younger members)
-MindGame has visited the site for (going on) two years and has posted more frequently than I have (which is a lot)
-Schlaeps has been a member of the site longer than I have (which means longer than all our other candidates as well), and has been a regular poster throughout that time. He has not made quite the actual magnitude of posts as MG has, however.

MindGame – 5 points
Schlaeps – 4 points
LegosJedi – 3 points
brianfast – 2 points
Gray Scale – 1 point

Aptitude:
-LegosJedi has competed in THAC and been immersed in the brickfilming process. He would seem to be relatively competent in administering the Filming Resources section. As a young man, his writing is slightly naive, but he apparently has sufficient knowledge of HTML.
-Gray Scale has apparently vast knowledge of the vicissitudes of making a film, and also is very skilled in animation, special effects, and the filmmaking process in general. He also seems to be more than competent at web design and has good writing abilities.
-brianfast has created a few films that for the most part dismayed people, at least people like LBJ and prof1515. I haven’t seen any website of his so his skills as far as web design goes are probably pretty unproven.
-MindGame has created several acclaimed films and is a well-rounded brickfilmer with good HTML abilities.
-Schlaeps is a decent brickfilmer with high aptitude for web design, etc.

Gray Scale – 5 points
MindGame – 4 points
Schlaeps – 3 points
LegosJedi – 2 points
brianfast – 1 point

Demeanor:
-LegosJedi has the demeanor of your average 14 year old, or whatever. He’s an OK kid.
-Gray Scale is an amusing and talented brickfilmer that everyone likes. He would be quite welcome running a site function.
-brianfast is a good fellow that everyone hates. The site wouldn’t be the same without him, but I’m not sure that we need him running any site fuctions (not that I personally would really mind)
-MindGame is a pretty respected site member.
-Schlaeps is a cool-headed and respectable site member.

Gray Scale – 5 points
MindGame – 4 points
Schlaeps – 4 points
LegosJedi – 3 points
brianfast – 3 points

Totals
MindGame – 13 points
Gray Scale – 11 points
Schlaeps – 11 points
LegosJedi – 8 points
brianfast – 6 points

December 29, 2006 at 8:58 pm #248214
RevMen

I think this is a pretty fair assessment, although I would bump Schlaeps up in the Aptitude category. His work on the podcast project has been pretty impressive.

December 29, 2006 at 11:57 pm #248268
hoogiman

Good guide and what not, Dragoon.

December 30, 2006 at 12:09 am #248272
brianfast

Here is a design I am currently working on 56korHi quality
I’m not posting the coding because I have been ripped before…

December 30, 2006 at 1:27 am #248292
Smeagol

Nice work, Dragoon.

“Dragoon” wrote: Smeagol Studios possesses a professional demeanor, and is a cool-headed and intelligent member of the forum with decent writing abilities. He has a tendency to make unfunny jokes but his sense of humour is otherwise subtle and suitable for the main page.

Very true. If it’s any consolation, I usually realize that they’re not funny, if not as I’m writing them, at least in retrospect. ;)

-Smeagol

December 30, 2006 at 2:25 am #248302
chosen1

Very good guide. Keep Schlaeps where he is.

-Christopher

December 30, 2006 at 2:39 am #248306
Nosniborus

“Smeagol Studios” wrote: [quote="Dragoon"]Smeagol Studios possesses a professional demeanor, and is a cool-headed and intelligent member of the forum with decent writing abilities. He has a tendency to make unfunny jokes but his sense of humour is otherwise subtle and suitable for the main page.

Very true. If it’s any consolation, I usually realize that they’re not funny, if not as I’m writing them, at least in retrospect. ;) [/quote]
I usually give myself the same defense. Still, don’t be too quick to bow down to Rainsford’s sense of humor! :)

-Nos

December 30, 2006 at 2:41 am #248307
Pierre Films

I very surprised Schlaeps is as low as he is considering all the work he has done with the Brickfilms podcast as well as lots of other web designs, applications, coding, and widgets all of which is on his website.

Not to boast, but he is also a curator for the Brickfilms Wiki and an Admin over at MacHeist, a massive program that sold bundles of shareware Mac apps at a discount as well as raised over $200,000 for various charities.

I think someone isn’t getting credit where credit is due.

Pierre Films

December 30, 2006 at 4:10 am #248326
Dragoon

I very surprised Schlaeps is as low as he is

HE’S NOT LOW, HE’S TIED FOR SECOND PLACE, IN A VERY SIMPLIFIED ANALYSIS AT THAT.

*shoots lasers at Pierre*

December 30, 2006 at 4:11 am #248327
MR.un0

:rotfl

December 30, 2006 at 5:29 am #248347
Cometgreen

I agree. I want Schlaeps to be my father. And, if possible, my lord and savior.

Cometgreen

January 3, 2007 at 8:12 pm #249576
Matthew Buick

brianfast is a good fellow that everyone hates.

I object, I don’t at all hate Brianfast, I feel kinda sorry for him, everone seems to flame him every time he comes here.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.