24 hour Comp – Dates Poll

Home Forums Events and Projects Forums Contests and Film Festivals 24 hour Comp – Dates Poll

This topic contains 57 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of bluejeansummer bluejeansummer 10 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cometgreen
    Cometgreen
    Participant

I’m not sure if I’ll even participate, but if I do, the 13th and 20th are the only ones working for me, and I would prefer the 13th.

Cometgreen

Profile photo of Amped
    Amped
    Participant

If I remeber correctly Australia is ahead of you so any of those dates + 24 hours would work fine, but I don’t usually do anything on friday nights and I should be able to complete it the next morning.

This has probably been answered, Im now off to check the thread about the contest, but what is happening with people in different timezones? By the time i would have found out I will only have 12 hours left.
    -amped

Profile photo of Sprinkles
    Sprinkles
    Participant

i don’t really care, whenever. i, like bertl, will just have to remeber when it is, and posting something new won’t mean anything cause i miss things all the time, not one known for paying attention….

Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan
    Participant

The 27th would be the best option for me, as I don’t have anything planned yet. I might be able to invest some hours after work on the 13th, but will not be able to enter if the contest takes place on the 20th.

Stefan.

Profile photo of Blue
    Blue
    Participant

You have GOT to be kidding me. Of all the dates you could have picked…

13th – Going on hoilday. 20th – on hoilday and no access to a computer. 27th – come back off hoilday.

Just my luck you picked the three Saturdays where I won’t be able to take part. :roll

Damn, and I was thinking about taking part too.

Profile photo of Mechanco
    Mechanco
    Participant

The 13th would probably be the best, but if it’s for 24 hours non-stop, there’s no way my parents will let me miss an entire night of sleep.

BTW, does that time include upload time?

Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan
    Participant

So why don’t we pick a sunday? For me all three sundays following the proposed saturdays would be feasible.

Stefan.

Profile photo of IceMan
    IceMan
    Participant

Hey, David, I just realized that I was wrong. -None of those days work for me. If the contest starts at 4:00 pm in California, I won’t be able to get anything done because every Sunday, I have commitments. Would there be any chance of the contest being shifted to Friday at Midnight GMT so I’ll basically have all Saturday to work on it? Saturdays are the only open days for me since I have school on weekdays and Church on Sundays…

IceMan.

Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan
    Participant

I suggest shifting the time 12 hours and starting at noon GMT. Why? Because then for people at one extreme the contest will run from Friday Midnight to Saturday Midnight, whereas for others it will run from Saturday Midnight to Sunday Midnight. So everyone gets to do their film during the weekend.

IceMan, you’re surely not in church all day, are you?

Stefan.

Profile photo of hali
    hali
    Participant

I turn 30 on the 27th so that is the day I’ll least likely want to spend away from people. I like August 13th best.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.