24 hour Comp – Dates Poll

HomeForumsEvents and Projects ForumsContests and Film Festivals24 hour Comp – Dates Poll

This topic has 1 voice, contains 57 replies, and was last updated by Avatar of David West David West 3418 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 26, 2005 at 12:27 pm #120378
saulgoode

I’m going with August 13th, solely because it is Annie Oakley’s birthday so I’ll be able to remember it.

July 26, 2005 at 12:30 pm #120380
Mechanco

The 13th would probably be the best, but if it’s for 24 hours non-stop, there’s no way my parents will let me miss an entire night of sleep.

BTW, does that time include upload time?

July 26, 2005 at 12:48 pm #120383
Stefan

So why don’t we pick a sunday? For me all three sundays following the proposed saturdays would be feasible.

Stefan.

July 26, 2005 at 2:02 pm #120399
IceMan

Hey, David, I just realized that I was wrong. -None of those days work for me. If the contest starts at 4:00 pm in California, I won’t be able to get anything done because every Sunday, I have commitments. Would there be any chance of the contest being shifted to Friday at Midnight GMT so I’ll basically have all Saturday to work on it? Saturdays are the only open days for me since I have school on weekdays and Church on Sundays…

IceMan.

July 26, 2005 at 2:46 pm #120415
Stefan

I suggest shifting the time 12 hours and starting at noon GMT. Why? Because then for people at one extreme the contest will run from Friday Midnight to Saturday Midnight, whereas for others it will run from Saturday Midnight to Sunday Midnight. So everyone gets to do their film during the weekend.

IceMan, you’re surely not in church all day, are you?

Stefan.

July 26, 2005 at 2:47 pm #120416
hali

I turn 30 on the 27th so that is the day I’ll least likely want to spend away from people. I like August 13th best.

July 26, 2005 at 2:59 pm #120421
RevMen

There obviously isn’t a day that can accomodate everyone. The only day I could possibly have a chance of doing this is on the 27th.

July 26, 2005 at 3:13 pm #120427
IceMan

“Stefan” wrote: I suggest shifting the time 12 hours and starting at noon GMT. Why? Because then for people at one extreme the contest will run from Friday Midnight to Saturday Midnight, whereas for others it will run from Saturday Midnight to Sunday Midnight. So everyone gets to do their film during the weekend.

Awesome idea, Stefan! :D I’m for that all the way.

“Stefan” wrote: IceMan, you’re surely not in church all day, are you?

Well, from early morning to late noon and then since I’m apart of the Youth’s Worship Band, I have practice ruffly from 2 to 4. So, you see it’d be pushing it if I try to get any animating done on Sunday. :(

IceMan.

July 26, 2005 at 3:37 pm #120430
David West

I was hoping that there would be enough votes for “Any date will work” to warrant running the competition on a single day. Since that won’t be possible, I will run the competition on multiple days, and I will make sure that anyone who wants to enter but can’t make it on any of those days can.

July 26, 2005 at 3:52 pm #120434
RevMen

Since you’re doing multiple days, perhaps instead of defining definite 24 hour periods you allow people to define their own. You pick a week and during that week someone can PM you (or your European or Australian associate) to get the theme info. Once they get that info back, their 24 hours starts.

Even more clever would be to set up an auto-responding e-mail address. When someone is ready to start the contest, they send an e-mail to a specified e-mail address that automatically responds with all of the necessary contest info. That way they can start exactly when they want to and you can check the time on their incoming e-mail to know right when their 24 hours should be over.

July 26, 2005 at 4:00 pm #120441
David West

I’d thought about letting everyon choose their own date, but I figured that it would be too hard for me to message everyone right when they wanted. Instead I’d planned on Running the contest on all 3 of those days, then having anyone who can’t make in on any PM or Email me so that I can set them up on a seperate day. An auto responding email adress- I never even thought of that! I’ll look into making one, that would be an excellent Idea.

July 26, 2005 at 9:27 pm #120513
David West

Ok, I’ve set up an auto responder at 24hour@david.brickfilms.com. Rev says people have been having problems getting Email from the servers lately, so I would like it if people could send me an email to test it out. If you don’t get a response title “24 Hour Contest”, post here and tell me. If it works fine, don’t bother posting, I’ll receive your message and know it worked.

July 27, 2005 at 7:59 am #120586
brickbrock

David, will you make a proper announcement of the contest, or do we just send an e-amil to the autoresponder on any if the three weekends and start animating?

brickbrock

July 27, 2005 at 8:20 am #120591
hali

Grumpy spoilsport that I am… the whole point of knowing you are animating with a number of people around the world at the same time in this comp is being lost. Plus, I don’t trust the theme won’t slip out. People say all kinds of irresponsible and badly thought out things in chat all the time. I know this sounds negative of me, but an unintentional slip up for a second could ruin the basic premise of this comp.

sigh

July 27, 2005 at 8:26 am #120592
CrystalBrick

Please oh please don’t do it on August 20th, it’s my birthday.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.