24 hour Comp – Dates Poll

Home Forums Events and Projects Forums Contests and Film Festivals 24 hour Comp – Dates Poll

This topic contains 57 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of bluejeansummer bluejeansummer 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RevMen
    RevMen
    Participant

There obviously isn’t a day that can accomodate everyone. The only day I could possibly have a chance of doing this is on the 27th.

Profile photo of IceMan
    IceMan
    Participant

“Stefan” wrote: I suggest shifting the time 12 hours and starting at noon GMT. Why? Because then for people at one extreme the contest will run from Friday Midnight to Saturday Midnight, whereas for others it will run from Saturday Midnight to Sunday Midnight. So everyone gets to do their film during the weekend.

Awesome idea, Stefan! 😀 I’m for that all the way.

“Stefan” wrote: IceMan, you’re surely not in church all day, are you?

Well, from early morning to late noon and then since I’m apart of the Youth’s Worship Band, I have practice ruffly from 2 to 4. So, you see it’d be pushing it if I try to get any animating done on Sunday. :(

IceMan.

Profile photo of David West
    David West
    Participant

I was hoping that there would be enough votes for “Any date will work” to warrant running the competition on a single day. Since that won’t be possible, I will run the competition on multiple days, and I will make sure that anyone who wants to enter but can’t make it on any of those days can.

Profile photo of RevMen
    RevMen
    Participant

Since you’re doing multiple days, perhaps instead of defining definite 24 hour periods you allow people to define their own. You pick a week and during that week someone can PM you (or your European or Australian associate) to get the theme info. Once they get that info back, their 24 hours starts.

Even more clever would be to set up an auto-responding e-mail address. When someone is ready to start the contest, they send an e-mail to a specified e-mail address that automatically responds with all of the necessary contest info. That way they can start exactly when they want to and you can check the time on their incoming e-mail to know right when their 24 hours should be over.

Profile photo of David West
    David West
    Participant

I’d thought about letting everyon choose their own date, but I figured that it would be too hard for me to message everyone right when they wanted. Instead I’d planned on Running the contest on all 3 of those days, then having anyone who can’t make in on any PM or Email me so that I can set them up on a seperate day. An auto responding email adress- I never even thought of that! I’ll look into making one, that would be an excellent Idea.

Profile photo of brickbrock
    brickbrock
    Participant

David, will you make a proper announcement of the contest, or do we just send an e-amil to the autoresponder on any if the three weekends and start animating?

brickbrock

Profile photo of hali
    hali
    Participant

Grumpy spoilsport that I am… the whole point of knowing you are animating with a number of people around the world at the same time in this comp is being lost. Plus, I don’t trust the theme won’t slip out. People say all kinds of irresponsible and badly thought out things in chat all the time. I know this sounds negative of me, but an unintentional slip up for a second could ruin the basic premise of this comp.

sigh

Profile photo of CrystalBrick
    CrystalBrick
    Participant

Please oh please don’t do it on August 20th, it’s my birthday.

Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan
    Participant

I kind of agree with Hali, though I don’t know what will be preferable: a high level of participation or the simultaneous race against the clock.

Also, I don’t seem to have received the e-mail yet. Sent it out about 30 minutes ago.

Stefan.

Profile photo of Amped
    Amped
    Participant

I sent it and got it it only a few seconds after I emailed.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.