24 hour Comp – Dates Poll

HomeForumsEvents and Projects ForumsContests and Film Festivals24 hour Comp – Dates Poll

This topic has 1 voice, contains 57 replies, and was last updated by Avatar of David West David West 3308 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 31, 2005 at 6:27 pm #121387
strange little people

I’m in!

There can be a group of people working on the entry, right?

July 31, 2005 at 7:17 pm #121388
mrgraff

“David West” wrote: Running the contest on a single day, but allowing anyone who absolutely cannot make it on that day to make their film before hand using my autresponder system.

We are (for the most part) a responsible, respectful group. But there is going to be at least one person here, or a not yet registered newbie spammer, who is going to think it funny to reveal what they were asked to do beforehand, I guarantee it.

I can appreciate that you want this contest to be as accesible as possible. Every other contest has not had such a strict deadline. But this is a unique contest; the name of the contest should reflect the duration of the contest. I look forward to having my creativity challenged by being constrained to concept, construction, filming, compiling, encoding, and uploading: all in the same day; and not having any clue as to what to do until the very start of the contest.

I again urge you to retain the spirit of a beat-the-clock worldwide challenge. I like Stefan’s idea the most because it extends the contest to about 36 hours; removing any advantage over timezones that will start during the day when entrants are awake. With the Sat-Sun model, everyone will be experiencing at least a full day to work, or a little more if they wish.

July 31, 2005 at 8:51 pm #121404
evilmation

sat-sun would work for me. that would mean what ever tim sat the details are released , planing and building sets then I can film in the evening and edit it and get it online sunday morning.

July 31, 2005 at 10:09 pm #121408
IndyA

The 13th would be best for me.
Im going to be gone 20-29th.
Regards.
Adam

August 1, 2005 at 2:12 pm #121487
evilmation

well Im gonna be gone from sunday till the 26th so 27th is the only one that works for me. (everyone huddles together and strts muttering then david west turns around “evilmation in light of you being on holiday untill the 26th we have decided to host it on the 20th”)

August 6, 2005 at 3:24 am #122455
Xray555

I’ve been gone for a couple of weeks, and when I went through this thread, I became thoroughly confused on when this is being held? And how to sign up for it? Or has there still been no definite date?

Thanks,
Xray555

August 6, 2005 at 3:59 am #122462
Quigibo

I was wondering that too, and when will a list of participants be made?

August 6, 2005 at 2:47 pm #122496
Stefan

I think only after it’s been held will we see who was built of the right stuff and could pull it off.

No official announcement yet, this is just a poll.

Stefan.

August 9, 2005 at 7:34 am #122894
Tim

I really dislike the Mod element, how it has to be in every frame, and especially if its some type of letter or charatcter. It really can get distracting. I think it should be a color shirt or a face, minifig head of some kind.
I also think its annoying how we have to have the mod element (for now, its an annoying little symbol or letter) iN EVERY FLIPPING FRAME that means if we accidentaly blink it away for one FRIGGIN frame we are OUT.

August 9, 2005 at 8:13 am #122898
Aled Owen

“strange little people” wrote: I’m in!

I hope so.

August 9, 2005 at 6:08 pm #122983
MindGame

“Aled Owen 29″ wrote: [quote="strange little people"]I’m in!

I hope so.[/quote]

Yes. The rules say joint entries are allowed.

-MindGame

August 9, 2005 at 8:43 pm #123035
bluejeansummer

I’d like to join, but I am busy every Saturday, for religous reasons.

August 9, 2005 at 8:58 pm #123045
David West

The contest has been announced, so there is no longer any need for this thread. Continue discussion of the contest in this thread.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.