Elections – Brianfast Minister of Site Infrastructure

Home Forums Governmental Forums Campaigns Elections – Brianfast Minister of Site Infrastructure

This topic contains 21 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of RP Hoogle RP Hoogle 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #381047
    Profile photo of brianfast
    brianfast
    Participant

    I am not going to let aled own and lamp run unopposed. I know I bit of programming and it will probably require a little improvement on my part to be able to manage brickfilms. But I fear if Aled/Lamp wins chaos will ensue so I promise not to take radical changes. Aled must not win

    #381055
    Profile photo of Aled Owen
    Aled Owen
    Participant

    What previous experience do you have?

    Who in their right mind would vote for you?

    -Aled

    #381058
    Profile photo of brianfast
    brianfast
    Participant

    Who in their right mind would vote for someone like you who has tried to make several brickfilms.com rivals such as clay-mation.net and constantly bickers for upgrades for almost everything in brickfilms.com. None of your brickfilms related sites have ever materialized into much. And the one time you had a hosting site sort of related to brickfilms you went power crazy and deleted peoples stuff for no apparent reason other then spite. You are the last person who should run brickfilms.com

    #381060
    Profile photo of Aled Owen
    Aled Owen
    Participant

    I wonder what would happen if someone put you into power?

    BAN BAN BAN BAN!

    -Aled

    #381062
    Profile photo of brianfast
    brianfast
    Participant

    “Aled Owen” wrote: I wonder what would happen if someone put you into power?

    BAN BAN BAN BAN!

    -Aled

    Don’t be rediculous, I would make online gulags instead.

    #381068
    Profile photo of Lechnology
    Lechnology
    Participant

    Great, now it’s like an American election: which lesser of two evils to vote for.

    #381075
    Profile photo of LegosJedi
    LegosJedi
    Participant

    Okay, brian, I’ll ask you this. How much knowledge of PHP and MySQL do you have? If I were to name a function for you, would you know what it does? If you were to see a piece of the code of the backend, would you be able to tell me what each piece of code does? Do you have any experience in writing mods for the current forum software, phpBB? Do you know how to maintain the forum should something go wrong?

    This site is heavy PHP and MySQL. I doubt that your knowledge of “some … php” will allow you to perform basic maintenance on the site. You’ll need to be fluent in PHP. Are you willing to devote a good chunk of your time to learn any new PHP functions and such you’ll need to run the site?

    #381081
    Profile photo of Legoman182182
    Legoman182182
    Participant

    Lech wins.

    #381106
    Profile photo of Lord_Of_The_LEGO
    Lord_Of_The_LEGO
    Participant

    “Lechnology” wrote: Great, now it’s like an American election: which lesser of two evils to vote for.

    Do what Americans do. Stay home and don’t give a damn.

    #381118
    Profile photo of brianfast
    brianfast
    Participant

    “LegosJedi” wrote: Okay, brian, I’ll ask you this. How much knowledge of PHP and MySQL do you have? If I were to name a function for you, would you know what it does? If you were to see a piece of the code of the backend, would you be able to tell me what each piece of code does? Do you have any experience in writing mods for the current forum software, phpBB? Do you know how to maintain the forum should something go wrong?

    This site is heavy PHP and MySQL. I doubt that your knowledge of “some … php” will allow you to perform basic maintenance on the site. You’ll need to be fluent in PHP. Are you willing to devote a good chunk of your time to learn any new PHP functions and such you’ll need to run the site?

    No I have never written a mod for phpBB. I have a lot of experience installing and managing various components of phpBB though I do not intend to mess with the site very much, as I have heard it is pretty convoluted. I would merely “manage” the site: fix things that are broken. I don’t know if I would know exactly what one random script from the backend would do because it would probably be making some calls to other scripts or objects… As for the “guess the function” test no matter how obscure the command is anyone with half a brain would pass because we are on the internet… If someone comes along that I am convinced is better then me next election I will not run for reelection. I just think Aled running this site at all would be a disaster.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.