June 22, 2007 at 1:53 am #297924
Well I’ve been here for a little bit, and I haven’t added much to the actual site except posts. Helping people with questions is what I really love doing and I think being elected as Minister of Filming Resources can help me do just that.
I have a great knowledge of Brickfilming but most of my knowledge comes from Live Action oriented things which I think has exposed me more to the types of answers that someone would need.
The things that I would change if elected:
- Complete revamp of the resources section. Not completely changing it but making it more clean and catagorized than it already is, especially in the Tech Guides section.
– Things I would add are tutorials (alot of them made by myself, or whatever other ones that im given by folks), interviews (already have a couple to add).
– Update the articles that have been around for sometime. Adding new info that has changed, fixing info that might be different now, etc.
– Update the list of software available with detailed descriptions and tutorials for all of them. (I really hope to do this)
– Wiki + Resources, putting wiki links in the resources section in the corresponding catagorie to unify where to actually find your information.
If your wondering what kind of things I can add to the site, ive had 6 new tutorials added in the past 2 days. They might give you an example of the quality of work that I plan to put into my duties.
BSOL Tutorial (reformat of Stefans old one)
Removing Wires in Photoshop
Compressing H264 in Quicktime Pro
H264 Compression in VLC
Realistic Muzzle Fire in Wax 2.0e
Picture-in-Picture in Wax 2.0e
Widescreen & Letterbox in VirtualDub
The thing I plan to concentrate on is adding what is truely needed in the Resources section, and giving a clear cut, simple to follow answer to the forums most asked questions. A wide variety of topics, with different articles, at different skill levels, for different people, using different kinds of software and hardware.
Whether or not I get elected I plan to help update the Resources anyways because I think it should be done, this would just make things easier and tasks would be completed faster I suppose.
Thats about it I guess.
EDIT: I made a mockup of what the format of the new Resources Section would be. Its more catagorized in a way that makes it easier. Just like the software section is seperated by “kind” of software, so will be the articles. Tech Guides and Articles will be merged together. This is only a draft of what it could be…Note: whats in italics are new tuts I want to add right away.
Pre-Production: (nothing yet…there will be)
– Stop Motion Primer
– Brickfilm Camera Article
– Preparing for Brickfilming
– Walking Step-by-Step
– Making your Webcam Lego Compatible (all 3 articles in one)
– What is FPS? (Frames Per Second)
– Mutilating Mini-Figs
– Hints for Lighting
– Guide to Lighting
Post-Production: (lots more needs to be added here, editing for one)
– Audio Guide
– Videomach Tutorial
– Lightsabers in Axogon Composer
– Lightsabers in Adobe After Effects
– Chroma Keying in Adobe After Effects
– Chroma Keying in Axogon Composer
– Chroma Keying in BSOL
– Digital Crowds in Axogon Composer
– Wire Removal in Photoshop
– Picture-in-Picture in Wax 2.0e
– Muzzle Flashes in Wax 2.0e
– Practical Effects:
– Splash! Water Effects explained
– Using Gels
– Guide to CODECS
– H.264 Compression in VLC
– H.264 Compression in Quicktime Pro
– Archive.org Basics
– Using Brickshelf
– Guide to Playback of Brickfilms
– Widescreen & Letterbox in VirtualDub
HTML skills, I got those for sure just incase people are wondering haha.
Wiki + Resources
I want to integrate the two of them, but more specifically the Wiki into the Resources. The resources is more catagorized by kind of article so n00b’s will have an easier time finding articles. With the wiki you need to know what you want to look for sorta before you search…thats not always the case. If I put links to Wiki articles right in the resources under the matching catagory, time to find articles that people want would be far less. The wiki would be updated of coarse and kept going but for an initial quick resource to find all things I would make the resources that place specifically. Not really merging them but merging where you would go to look for the info.
– KyleJune 22, 2007 at 6:35 am #297975
…June 22, 2007 at 7:17 am #297978
These are the kinds of threads that make me wonder what the difference is between Resources and the Encyclopedia.
Cometgreen, who thinks we should just combine them and get it over withJune 22, 2007 at 12:41 pm #298033
Yes I thought about that a long time ago, it seems like we are making this more difficult by splitting where you can find stuff into too many places. If I could get the articles in the Wiki in an organized and catagorized fasion in the Resources section, everything would be in one spot and easy to find. It would be just the FAQ and Resources.
– KyleJune 23, 2007 at 8:09 pm #298512
Added a mockup of the new Resources section in the original post. Other than the Tech Guides and Articles, the layout will stay the same, just more added to each. Tech Guides and Articles will be merged.
Just a draft.
– KyleJune 28, 2007 at 10:18 pm #300265
“Cometgreen” wrote: These are the kinds of threads that make me wonder what the difference is between Resources and the Encyclopedia.
Cometgreen, who thinks we should just combine them and get it over with
Pierre FilmsJune 29, 2007 at 1:36 am #300313
I think the “argument” between me and my opponent Watson is that he wants to combine Resources into Wiki, and I wanted to do Wiki into Resources but ONLY because so many seem to like the Wiki.
IDE be all for combining them completely, but into a form like the Resources section.
– KyleJune 29, 2007 at 3:03 am #300340
So if I understand you right, the resources page will be more organizing and will include links to Wiki articles? And the Wiki will stay the same? That’s just perfect.July 10, 2007 at 8:22 am #304634
I see you’ve made some changes already. The interviews were nice, if not as in-depth as the old ones. Though that’s not really your fault, most of that is just how the people respond. Were the interviews conducted some time ago, or did you just recently track down James for his interview?
-SmeagolJuly 10, 2007 at 2:09 pm #304702
I’ve had those sitting around on my old site…
More stuff to come…im trying to figure out what the best article to add is next. Something thats needed.
The topic ‘Kyle – Minister of Filming Resources’ is closed to new replies.