MAY '08 – The Doctor for MINISTER OF DISCUSSION –UPDATED!!!

Home Forums Governmental Forums Campaigns MAY '08 – The Doctor for MINISTER OF DISCUSSION –UPDATED!!!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #384885
    Profile photo of Ænema
    Ænema
    Member

    Vice Minister, eh? An interesting concept. What would the role of the Vice MoD be? Do you think you couldn’t handle the position of power by yourself?

    The way I see it, there should be one MoD as the powerhead, and other moderators to take on minor roles. I believe this is the way it’s always been. Having a Minister of Discussion AND a Vice Minister seems like overkill to me.

    #384886
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

    “Timothy__Ratner” wrote: I thought the Minister of Discussion thinks double posting is a no-no…

    Not sure if I should vote for you or Ænema, oh who to choose…
    A quick note, I think the MoD should have well grammar and know how to spell well; so work on that.

    What is your thought on overuse of emoticons? Weird question, I know…

    Yes, double is a no-no. But I see it as more of an “Informative Bump”.
    As for my grammar and spelling, I’m trying to answer everything as fast as I can and the spell checker in Firefox tends to stuff things up a bit.

    As for Emoticons, it depends on what people would call “over use”.
    Spamming with emoticons is defiantly a no-no.

    Vice Minister, eh? An interesting concept. What would the role of the Vice MoD be? Do you think you couldn’t handle the position of power by yourself?

    The way I see it, there should be one MoD as the powerhead, and other moderators to take on minor roles. I believe this is the way it’s always been. Having a Minister of Discussion AND a Vice Minister seems like overkill to me.

    Stevie is already a moderating experience and having a vice would come in handy because I (we) can’t go though every thread. Also, some mods have abused their power in the past so I don’t really want to rely fully on them the that area.

    #384887
    Profile photo of ahnt
    ahnt
    Member

    Hahaha lol

    every superhero needs his sidekick!

    sorry that was definitely unapropriat and: :offtopic:

    cheers Arend

    #384888
    Profile photo of badgerboy
    badgerboy
    Member

    Having a Vice minister for something like MoD makes it seem like you aren’t ready for the job, which I do not think you are. I’m also curious to see what this vice-minister would do.

    Also, not pointing out a problem because you aren’t prepared to be part of a solution seems bad to me. There’s obviously several problems around here at the time. Several people have pointed out these problems, but aren’t actively part of the solution. If they never pointed these problems out, things would be going from bad to worse.

    EDIT: I prefer “informative edits” myself.

    #384891
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

    “ahnt” wrote: Hahaha lol

    every superhero needs his sidekick!

    sorry that was definitely unapropriat and: :offtopic:

    cheers Arend

    True, true. Glad you think of me as a superhero.

    And Badgerboy, I’ve given some more info in my last post and I’ll update the first to give you more info.

    #384892

    “The Doctor” wrote: [quote=”Timothy__Ratner”]I thought the Minister of Discussion thinks double posting is a no-no…

    Not sure if I should vote for you or Ænema, oh who to choose…
    A quick note, I think the MoD should have well grammar and know how to spell well; so work on that.

    What is your thought on overuse of emoticons? Weird question, I know…

    Yes, double is a no-no. But I see it as more of an “Informative Bump”.
    As for my grammar and spelling, I’m trying to answer everything as fast as I can and the spell checker in Firefox tends to stuff things up a bit.

    As for Emoticons, it depends on what people would call “over use”.
    Spamming with emoticons is defiantly a no-no.

    [/quote]

    You should be able to spell without something else to spell for you.
    Of course spamming with emoticons is bad, but just asking because of this: http://www.brickfilms.com/phpBB2/viewto … 3&start=15
    It is kind of nooby to post way more than two.

    #384894
    Profile photo of Ænema
    Ænema
    Member

    “The Doctor” wrote: Vice Minister Of Discussion
    Will be “StevieCollins” if I am elected. His moderator experience would (and hopefully, will) make him the perfect right-hand man.

    To explain in short what his duties would be, he will be to me what Ahnt is to the Admins.

    Ahnt, from what I see, is a community representative helping the administration. This makes me think that you’re just going to let Stevie relay information of what he sees happening in the forums and you’re going to be in the sidelines, taking action against whatever he reports.
    Seems kind of pointless, when YOU should be handling the forums and doing your MoD duties not having some lackey do it for you.

    #384895
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

    “Timothy__Ratner” wrote: You should be able to spell without something else to spell for you.
    Of course spamming with emoticons is bad, but just asking because of this: http://www.brickfilms.com/phpBB2/viewto … 3&start=15
    It is kind of nooby to post way more than two.

    I can spell, its just I’m try to get everything answered as fast as possible right now and I’d rather use a spell checker than publicly make a mistake.

    And as for the emoticons, you have a point and I’ll admit what I did then was wrong. I’d like to emphasize the “then” because this is now and this is serious. That was just a joke, meant to be me and my family laughing at that video clip.

    #384900
    Profile photo of LegobrosJon
    LegobrosJon
    Member

    Doctor, You already got on the review panel, don’t expect us let you have 2 pretty big privileges.

    -LBJ

    #384903
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

    “LegobrosJon” wrote: Doctor, You already got on the review panel, don’t expect us let you have 2 pretty big privileges.

    -LBJ

    Neither of the two are privileges, they are both responsibilities and I know I can fulfill both.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘MAY '08 – The Doctor for MINISTER OF DISCUSSION –UPDATED!!!’ is closed to new replies.