If you have a problem with me starting this thread, PM me. You have permission to shoot for the name though. :wink
I'm setting some ground rules, these are more of a reminder if anything as I'm sure most of you will have a good grasp of how this works. It should also stop people from whining later on.
IMPORTANT: Read these before you post.
"Contest Rules" wrote:
How it works:
Rules of Conduct.
- One person - the 'Judge' - posts an image from a brickfilm of their choice. Please put the name of the brickfilm and the person who made it, we don't need accusations of theft. That and it's just good manners. If you can't think of a brickfilm, you can use any Lego related image, like from Blockland or Lego Star Wars.
- You then have 24 hours (give or take a few) to post a caption for that image. I don't need to tell you that the judge can't caption their own pic. You can make as many captions as you like for each one, I'm not going to stop you - but try not to double-post. The winner is the person who the Judge believes to have made the best caption. So no complaining if you think their choice sucked.
- After the 24 hours are up, the judge chooses a winner and two runner-ups. The winner then has another 24 hours to post another image in this thread. There are enough 'broken record' topics around here already without adding to the list.
- If the winner hasn't done so already when the time's up, the 1st runner-up chooses the next image. If the 1st runner-up hasn't posted one after the same time period, then it's passed to the other one. If, by some sheer fluke, the 2nd runner-up doesn't post an image, then it's thrown open. If the winner doesn't want to choose the next image, then they can pass it on to the 1st runner-up. The process then repeats itself.[/*]
- When announcing the winner and runner-ups, please quote their captions. This'll save a lot of confusion, especially if there were multiple captions from the same person.
- Don't quote the image if your post is on the same page as the judge - people are perfectly capable of scrolling to find it. If you do quote an image, then please remove the image tags. Multiple copies of the same image on a page isn't fair on our dial-up users.
- Very important - NO SPAMMING! Naming no names, but there'll be trouble if I so much as catch a whiff of it from you. You can comment on someone else's caption, but try and add your own at the same time. Again no double-posting - there's an edit button. Use it.
- Bear in mind that we have younger members. So no improper subject matter - I don't want a repeat of what happened in my Spawn of Satan topic. And don't do anything that'll make the mods mad - or anyone else come to think of it. I don't think I need to warn you about swearing.[/*]
I'm keeping an eye on this thread, and will re-quote any rules that people forget - especially the spam one. However, since I'll be going on holiday for a fortnight in just over a week's time, I'll most likely ask someone from here that's in my MSN contacts to keep tabs on it. I would ask the mods, but they have enough to do as it is.
Btw, if 24 hours doesn't seem like enough time, PM me and I'll amend the rules to extend it.
Now let's get this show on the road!
From the brilliant "Star Wars: The Great Disturbance" by Leftfield Studios.
Extra points to anyone who can sneak in 'pillock' (that's another word for idiot btw, and you don't have to include it). Points get deducted if anyone starts talking in Shakespearian, so don't even think about it (you know who you are).
Edit: Saulgoode has brought to my attention that there's the possibilty of offense being caused to the creators. So I ask to keep that in mind when making your caption, and I apolgise in advance to the Leftfielders if any of the captions posted cause offense.