June 19, 2007 at 11:48 pm #297114
Plotline: What if one day you woke up with special abilities? What would you do?
- A natural event occurs, granting a number of characters special powers overnight. Whatever grants them power isn’t the focus of the project.[/*]
- The characters each discover their powers the next day and each test and/or utilizes their power within the animator’s realm (house, neighbor, basically not affecting the bigger world).[/*]
- One character (technopathy) has trouble controlling his/her powers and accidentally makes an A.I. self-awareness. The A.I. takes over all electronics.[/*]
- All the characters are linked together by news reports of robots attacking both in major cities and within their own realms.[/*]
- One character (Reality Warping) joins the A.I. and uses his powers to improve the Robots.[/*]
- Each of the characters fight off and defeat the robots attack using their powers. How they succeed is up to the animator (be it due to mastering their abilities or by shear dumb luck).[/*]
- After defeating the robots in their realm, a select number of characters (five is the current number) decide to venture to the place where the robots are coming from. Eventually, these select few will come together in a scene to battle the bigger, bad robots.[/*]
- The conflict ends with the technopathic character responsible for the chaos shuts off the A.I. and the Reality Warping character is defeated.[/*]
Questions subscene animators should ask themselves:
- How does my character discover his/her powers?[/*]
- How does he/she utilize his/her powers within the realm your character is in?[/*]
- What does your character do to defeat the robots attacking his/her home?[/*]
Questions for resourceful animators:
- Do you have what it takes to bring your character into the big scenes?[/*]
- Are you welling to animate other animators’ character?[/*]
Mess de la Fritz confirmed
Munzapoppa Mini Movies confirmed
High Tower unconfirmed
Night Owl unconfirmed
Nick Durron confirmed
Matt Gillan confirmed
List of Powers and who has dibs:
- Telekinesis (Lord_Of_The_LEGO) confirmed
Metal Phasing (Gray Scale) Availability Pending
Reality Warping (Nick Durron) confirmed
Illusions and Energy Sourcing (Littlebrick) confirmed
Mind Control (rstudios) confirmed
Teleportation (White) confirmed
Technopathy (bluejeansummer) confirmed
Pyschokinesis – Force field (MindGame) confirmed
Shapeshifting – Zoological specification (Night Owl) confirmed
Superhuman reflexes (Matt Gillan) confirmed
Time manipulation (Mess de la Fritz) confirmed
Flight (Munzapoppa Mini Movies) confirmed
Air/Wind Manipulation (NickMOC) confirmed
Magnetism (TwoBit) confirmed
Invisibility (High Tower) confirmed
Super speeed (jay) confirmed
Super Strength (TwickABros) confirmed
Sound manipulation (Dave confirmed
Here’s a list of other powers you can consider.
Telepath, pyrokinesis, the ability generate small globular packets of electricity and ability to shoot out fireworks (propelled packets of explosive energy) are taken by certain fictional characters we’ve developed.
Visual effects Artist/Supervisors
Nick Durron confirmed
Super Cameraman confirmed
Writers, contributors, etc., this is your forum. Join and I’ll add you to the private writers group. And please, while you are developing the details and script of this project, try to remain within the plot points I’ve made.
Assistant producers, start keeping track of activities recording the project and update this thread frequently with any changes. Also, sign up on the private forum the writers are in and I’ll assign you to the Production Forum. There you can post additional updates.
Animators, please confirm what position you want (subscene or main) and confirm that you are committing to this project.
Remember, this is an Official Community Project so I expect above average animation and quality from you. If you can’t meet that demand, this is not the project for you. Take a look at the main animator’s own work as well as some of the noteworthy subscene animators like Gray Scale. If your level of animation skills, ability, and picture quality aren’t close to the same range as the main animators, then you should really think about whether or not you can meet my demands.
We, the editors, reserve the right to reject submissions if they don’t meet our standards.
Everyone else, this is an official business thread. You may sign up for positions here. All concept related questions and comments should go into the Concept thread.June 19, 2007 at 11:59 pm #297119
You can confirm me as all of the above (for the subscene/main animator, I’m sub).June 20, 2007 at 12:18 am #297133
I might do the Flight one. Depends on how long my current project takes me, but the good news is I’m filming 40% of it tomorrow.
When do you need a confirmation?June 20, 2007 at 12:28 am #297136
I’ve updated the first post, noting that I and the editors reserve the right to reject submissions if they don’t meet our requirements.June 20, 2007 at 12:35 am #297140
I’ll get back to you on my decision. Is this project going to take a long time, like a year, to complete?June 20, 2007 at 12:55 am #297143
You can confirm me. Subscene (I’m not too great at 2+ person fights yet!).June 20, 2007 at 1:28 am #297153
“Munzapoppa Mini Movies” wrote: I’ll get back to you on my decision. Is this project going to take a long time, like a year, to complete?
That all depends on how quick and punctual the animators are at sending clips to me.
By the way, I’ll have to consult with LotL about hosting the clips.June 20, 2007 at 6:55 am #297197
I’m in for a sub-scene. I might reconsider invisibility though.June 20, 2007 at 10:14 pm #297469
You can confirm me as a visual effects supervisor, and as having the multiple powers of flight, invisibility, and shape-shifting. I’d also like to be a main animator, but I want to know more about what this battle scene will require.June 20, 2007 at 10:26 pm #297475
“Nick Durron” wrote: multiple powers of flight, invisibility, and shape-shifting
Please note you will have to apply some limitations on those powers, and probably more severe than others since you have multiple powers.
I’ve decided that I, as a telekenetic, can only manipulate objects that I could normally manipulate (no throwing cars at people or ripping trees out of the ground), and I can only manipulate only objects I have a direct line of sight too.
Lech, confirm me for everything.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.