June 20, 2007 at 4:11 pm #297313
I have decided to stand for this position, as my suggestion for a Minsiter of Brickfilms Welfare is not agreeable to RevMen. He has suggested those activities are the responsibility of this minister and of us all.
So, my platform is…
We have a Minister of Discussion, which, essentially, is a moderator for all the forums, involving most effort, I presume, in Community and LDF. I propose this ministry should actively moderate the Brickfilming Forums, doing the following…
– welcoming new registrants to the site and pointing out the features, resources and FAQs
– moderate the Brickfilming forums
– creation and moderation of a new ‘Start Here’ brickfilming forum, especially for newbies
– marshal help and advice for newbies, calling in experienced help where needed
– creation and management of a mentoring scheme, where a new member, genuinely wanting to improve, could be paired with a willing, experienced filmer
– provide/encourage feedback on lower quality films being ignored in the forums, or which have been rejected from the directory
– work with the Minister of Film Contest to create contests for newer members which will encourage them to learn and improve, and which give them a real chance of winning. These might be judged on greatest improvement over previous film, original storyline etc.
– work with the Ministers of [various resources] to ensure these are fully accessible to new members
I believe this role focusses more on developing talent, which is currently not covered in the existing cabinet roles and I believe is not currently being done by the incumbent MoD.
I would immediately appoint a deputy, whose role would be to actively moderate the chat, LDF and the Community discussion based forums, alongside myself. This person would likely be the runner up in the election, assuming I were to win.June 20, 2007 at 4:18 pm #297316
Night OwlParticipantJune 20, 2007 at 4:23 pm #297318
richardfrostParticipantJune 20, 2007 at 4:32 pm #297322June 20, 2007 at 4:34 pm #297326
SquashParticipantJune 20, 2007 at 5:03 pm #297334
Night OwlParticipantJune 20, 2007 at 5:03 pm #297335
Aled OwenParticipantJune 20, 2007 at 5:05 pm #297337
RevMenParticipantJune 20, 2007 at 6:21 pm #297355
rstudiosParticipantJune 20, 2007 at 6:35 pm #297366
May I ask some questions?
Firstly, where to become MoD, you say that you would “provide/encourage feedback on lower quality films being ignored in the forums, or which have been rejected from the directory”. Whilst this would be something I would wholeheartedly support, I am concerned that the standards of the directory may be effected if some reviewers misinterpret your aims. What would you do to ensure this didn’t happen?
Secondly, I don’t support the idea of a new comers forum, as I believe all forums should provide that “warm welcome”. Where you to be elected, would you put this idea to a vote, rather than implement it straight away?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.