January 3, 2007 at 10:32 pm #249622
“Tim” wrote: I’m in the Puppy Party so DEAL WITH IT!
I wish to nominate Tim (nee Timboh56) as our party’s candidate for Minister of Discussion.January 4, 2007 at 8:34 am #249728
I would be honored if I could join this party.January 4, 2007 at 10:59 pm #249887
Well, it seems that Ladon has been elected as the NeXT nominee for film ratings, so I would like to be added back onto the nominee list for this party. I didn’t know that Ladon was even running for that position until recently, so sorry for the discrepancies.January 8, 2007 at 4:30 pm #250959
I would like to propose myself as the representative of WWRD for Minister of Film Contests. I will write a manifesto if selected by the party.January 8, 2007 at 7:46 pm #251027
I would second Richard’s nomination and I will also second Schlockading’s as well. It will be up to Lechnology to determine at what point those nominations should be made the official ones of the Party.
Furthermore, I wish to retract my nomination of Tim (nee Timboh56) for Minister of Discussion as no one saw fit to second it (now there’s a surprise).
Furthermoremore, I should like to propose that the WWRD Party endorse Cometgreen’s candidacy for Minister of Discussion; though he has been nominated by another party.
Other than RevMen himself (hehe), I cannot think of anyone more qualified for the post than Cometgreen. In his role as Moderator, he has demonstrated a dedication to maintaining the sanity of discussions in the Forums that is nearly beyond reproach. His maintenance of focus in the brickfilming Forums has had a huge impact upon Brickfilms reaching the successful state that it currently finds itself and his tolerant views of what is acceptable behavior in the Community and Lively Discussion Forums coincide almost perfectly with my own.
I am not sure whether this proposal is appropriate — but such consideration didn’t prevent Trillspots’s nomination in the previous election :). Again, it will be up to Lechnology to determine when (or if) there is enough support for the Party to make it an official endorsement. If any wish to volunteer for the nomination, they should do so fairly promptly.
I would ask all members of WWRD to weigh in with either their approval or disaproval of this proposal (i.e., endorsing Cometgreen); as well as supporting the nominations of Schlockading for Minister of Film Ratings and Richard Frost for Minister of Film Contests. This will permit Lechnology the chance to move ahead and for the nominees to start campaigning in earnest.
Thank you.January 8, 2007 at 11:30 pm #251115
I approve of Richard’s nomination for Minister of Film Contests. Indeed, Mr. Frost has been a longtime member of these forums and has obviously proven that he has the skills needed for the position. Although he hasn’t really been too involved in any of the recent contests, it still seems that he would fill the position well.January 9, 2007 at 1:37 am #251174
My views and decisions will be based on what I have observe and/or not have observed. Despite Saulgoode’s wisdom in these nominations, I’ll approve and support the nomination of Richardfrost for Minister of Film Contest and Schlockading for Minister of Film Rating upon receiving statements from both nominees explaining their qualifications.
Seniority, forum reputation, all these are implicit. A statement will be most explicit.
As for the Minister of Discussion, both nominees are well qualified for such a position. That is for the reason I cannot decide whether or not this party will support Cometgreen. I will, therefore, redirect the responsibility of decision back to Saulgoode or perhaps to Cometgreen himself to see if he will accept our support.January 9, 2007 at 8:30 am #251258
Whilst I have been a member of the community for a long time, I have never made anything other than a short test film. My role here has been firstly to support the efforts of my son, rstudios, and then to be a general help and support for the community. I was instrumental in organising the first Brickfilms Meet Up, in London and have contributed advice and guidance to film makers over the years. I did organise the mildly successful Anne Frank In Bricks (AFiB) contest a couple of years back, and donated a prize of one year’s Patronage to the winner, Motfilms.
Chiefly though, I feel I have three main qualifications…
1) As a non-film maker, I have absolutely no conflict of interest and would never want to enter a film myself.
2) I have done it before (AFiB) and have been a film reviewer for two years now and am joint third in the total number of films reviewed (which ignores the much larger number of films reviewed and rejected). I am experienced in providing fair, unbiased reviews of films and am therefore well qualified to organise and coordinate the judging of a contest.
3) I have much experience organising projects and making things happen in my ‘real life’ work, and feel well qualified in organising the mechanics of a contest and contacting potential sponsors or donators of prizes.
My manifesto is simple…
1) In the first six months before re-election, I would change very little. The important thing to do in this time period would be to organise and launch the major competition we run each year. The major decision to make immediately would be whether the competition can start as late as February and still be ready to show the films at Brickfest.
2) I would canvass the members on whether in future we want to run contests as in previous years. The intention here would be to hand over to the next Minister (or myself if re-elected) a draft annual plan outlining the timings for any official major and minor contests, how the judging will work, mechanics for submission etc..
3) I would want to take a view from the community on the level of support for all the unofficial contests and find a home for them. Ideally, if we can agree some simple criteria and keep the number down to a sensible level, it should be perfectly feasible to have members running their own specialist contests with a minimum level of official support, e.g. a place to upload entries, a standard template for judging etc..
I wish to contribute to this community in the best way possible, but cannot commit to be on the site every day. I feel this Ministry provides a good balance between my skills and the amount of commitment I can give. Of course I will be around daily during competition launches and up to the closing period. Outside of this, I believe my two or three times a week appearances will be acceptable.
On another subject, I support the nomination of Cometgreen but also would like to hear from Schlockading before supporting him. Although I’m sure he will be fine, I think Lechnology is right to know our thinking before backing us.January 9, 2007 at 10:22 pm #251437
Schlockading has made his statement in a thread.
Thanks, Mr. Frost.
Edit: For those who wish to support me and are welling to spare the space in their signature, this is what I’ll be using until my campaign group provides a different, less me-centric banner.
[img]http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lechnology/Avatars/mocparmy.jpg[/img]January 10, 2007 at 12:48 am #251482
I should apologize, as I saw saulgoode’s suggestion of endorsing my candidacy soon after it was posted yesterday, but did not feel it right to reply just yet. But since Lechnology has asked for me to chime in, I will say that I am of course honored to receive the support of the WWRD party, if your members do decide to support me. And as I always say, any concerns or ideas you may have, feel free to share with me.
I also have a feeling that The Puppy Sponsored Freedom and Liberty Party would be willing to endorse Richard Frost as Minister of Film Contests. Sure, he is the only one running as of today, but I do think he is an excellent choice for the position. But I cannot speak for the rest of my party.
The topic ‘The WWRD Party’ is closed to new replies.