March 2, 2009 at 4:27 pm #406666March 2, 2009 at 9:12 pm #406680March 2, 2009 at 10:00 pm #406681
The key to movie making is originality. If your just going to take someone’s (George Lucas’) idea and ‘profit’ from that, then something’s wrong. It may be harder, but I prefer to stick to the honest side of my own creations, rather than stray over to the dark side. And 550+ subscribers can’t be wrong.March 3, 2009 at 12:59 am #406696March 3, 2009 at 6:53 am #406713March 3, 2009 at 12:42 pm #406715March 3, 2009 at 3:37 pm #406721March 19, 2009 at 5:10 pm #407184
SpoclogikParticipantMarch 22, 2009 at 4:08 pm #407255
nuparurocksParticipantApril 22, 2009 at 10:56 am #408056
One very important thing needed to make a good brickfilm is the audience.
Oh, so you knew that already?
Well, there is more to it than what it seems.
You see, the audience is what keeps your film(s) going.
Of course, that is only if your trying to get popular or obtain something.
And you are, aren’t you?
Cheer up. I can help.
Now, if you are trying to get popular or obtain something, you’re basic reason for making these films is to please your audience.
Yup, if it is to get you popular, it is to please them.
Now, there are many different things a person wants to see in a film.
And there are many people with different views.
But let us focus on the things most people like.
1. People like funny. Make them laugh. It could be in words, in movements, or even in sounds.
No, f*** is not a funny word. Now don’t mention it again.
2. Action. This will glue their eyes to the screen. It could be war, car chases, fight scenes, etc. Now don’t add to much, or it will be overdone.
3. Adventures. Another good way to keep someone glued to their seats. It could be an explorer, a spy mission, or even a knight fighting a dragon.
Yes, dragons are allowed.
Way to realistic, dude.
4. Love. Ahh! The greatest feeling in the world, some people say. It can produce some of the greatest films ever! Think of Titanic. You can use love in many different ways, from marriages to break ups. Yes it is quite difficult to do, so try it when your ready.
5. Horror! The stuff that makes you stay awake at night. It can really produce great effects on your viewers. I don’t know much about it, but ask your parents or people you know for advice.
These are some of the main things great films have. Yet, these all depend on who your going to show to. If it a large group of people, any can do, but if it is one or a few people, find out what type of films they like.
You can even combine these different ways of film together.
Have fun animating!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.