WINTER 08 – Legoman for MO Community Projects – WITHDRAWN

HomeForumsGovernmental ForumsCampaignsWINTER 08 – Legoman for MO Community Projects – WITHDRAWN

This topic has 1 voice, contains 15 replies, and was last updated by Avatar of Trillspots Trillspots 2470 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
December 15, 2007 at 11:43 am #353277
Avatar of Legoman182182
Legoman182182

I have now withdrawn from this position, and would encourage you to vote for Lechnology insted. See below for details.

Greetings fellow brickfilmers, and Merry Christmas!

As you have probably guessed from the title, this post contains my campaign for the Position of Minister of Community Projects.

Why are you right member for the job? Any expertise in the is area?

In the elections page, Schlapes and Trill define the person for this position as someone who has the following qualities:

The elections page“:1cpijq1d wrote: Senior Member, Filmmaking Experience, Management/Leadership skills, Organizational Skills, Judging Skills

I believe that as a member who has made 3328 posts (well, 3329 now) over my two years since joining, I qualify as an experienced member who knows his way around the forum, and some of the characters within it. Those of you who have visited Brickworks Animations will know that I have a basic level of stop motion skills, but that my strongest quality in film making is editing, compiling and directing in general. Indeed, this was the one thing which stood out for reviewers of Crosshair (my directory film). It is this above all else which will test someone who intends to organise material from many sources and produce a successful end result after the animators have done their work.

In the past, I have run competitions such as The Sound Track Adaptation Contest (STAC), and as touched upon above run a small brickfilming website named Brickworks Animations. In addition the fully functioning website and blog, Brickworks also consists of the Bricktalk forum, for which I carry out administrative duties and appoint moderators.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, are you sure you have time for this as well?

Absolutely. I regally visit Brickfilms and often spend about half an hour a day joining in discussions or visiting chat. It would be no problem at all to set some time aside for carrying out my ministry duties. I have already shown above that I have time to organise competitions and forums, so community projects should be no more of a challenge. I would of course prioritise the ministry duties over my forum and website if it ever came down to it, but I think it would be realistic to expect to be able to strike a healthy balance between all of my commitments.

My Propositions for Improving the Ministry

Outlined below are my propositions for the community projects position. I use the word proposition for good reason; if elected I will endeavour to represent the ever changing views of the community, and hold polls and votes for major decisions wherever possible. Whilst I obviously hope that you share my enthusiasm, the ultimate decision will always lie with you, the community member.

  • Restructuring of the forum

    Should you, the people, share my views, I would like to see an Official Community Projects and Unofficial Projects forum in a similar vain to the current competitions arrangement. As it is at the moment, a community project started by a non-administrative member (as is most often the way) is stickied when it becomes official. Under the new system, it would be moved to the official community projects forum. This way members who are not as heavily involved in this section of the site could easily keep up to date with current ongoing community projects. Projects which, for whatever reason, are not officially endorsed (for example because they use copyrighted music or simply the founders prerogative) would remain in the unofficial contests forum. This organised approach would ultimately encourage more people to participate in these projects and produce more superb films.

    Community projects I hope to organise

    If elected, as well as promoting members to start their own projects (such as The Day Brickfilms.com crashed) I would set up several official projects of my own. One idea is the behind the scenes series.

    I’m sure we have all seen programs in which actors and directors are interviewed about their work in a film or TV series. Usually in these segments the interviewee is sat to the far left or right of the screen with a suitable backdrop behind. I thought it would be interesting if the more famous films like Cognizance, Faithless, The Gauntlet and anything in the podcast had just such an accompaniment, with a minifig delivering a narrative from the real director. Perhaps this could become a series if it proves a popular idea, and perhaps eventually a podcast. Stay tuned for updates as this idea develops.

    In addition to any new ideas, I will of course encourage participation in the excellent community projects currently underway.

What is your motivation for running for Minister of Community Projects?

When I first joined Brickfilms.com, I had three main goals for my film making. The first of these was to produce a film of high enough standard to qualify for the directory. The second was to create a website for my animation company that was every bit as good as Oblong Studious. The third was to become involved in the production of a community project. As of today, I have my humble Crosshair in the prestigious directory alongside superb films such as Cognizance and Faithless. I have set up and organised several competitions here and in my own forum and website. But, whilst I have organised STAC and created my own films, I have yet to work with others to producing a brickfilming masterpiece. This is something I hope you will give me the opportunity to rectify.

Over to you…

To conclude, therefore, I would hope you agree that I have the necessarily skills, motivation and experience that the community demands of its ministers. Good luck to my fellow candidates, and I hope you all make an educated choice when voting. If you have any further questions for me, I would be more than happy to answer them below.

And remember, every mince pie is a vote for the lime green suit! “Offers around tray”

Thank you for your time,

Legoman – The Man in the Lime Green Suit.

December 15, 2007 at 11:55 am #353282
Avatar of Night Owl
Night Owl

I was going to support you until I saw the pie. Just kidding.

I believe that as a member who has made 3328 posts (well, 3329 now) over my two years since joining, I qualify as an experienced member who knows his way around the forum, and some of the characters within it.

I hope you realize that almost half of those posts were made in the Lively Discussion Forum. Political and religious debates can take up a lot of posts, so I’ll be a little lenient on that. However, a further 900 of your posts were made in the Community forum. So we’re looking at less than 1000 posts that actually had something to do with brickfilming.

11 of these were in the Community Projects forum.

December 15, 2007 at 12:15 pm #353286
Avatar of Legoman182182
Legoman182182

Thank you, Night Owl.

I firmly believe that about a one to one ratio of brickfiling to non brickfilming (excluding the LDF, which, as you say, takes up a lot posts with the same amount of involvement) is a healthy balance reflected by most brickfilmers here.

I would also like to point out that I have in fact made 65 posts in the Events and Projects forum, which whilst not excessive must also be compared with my community work in Bricktalk and Brickworks animations. In the past I have not been nearly as involved in community projects here as I would have liked to have been, and this is something I hope you will allow me to change.

Legoman – The Man in the Lime Green Suit.

December 15, 2007 at 1:38 pm #353319
Avatar of Trillspots
Trillspots

This is not where Campaign threads go, Schlaeps will open the new Campaign forum later today.

Don’t worry about it though, I’ll just move it there.

-Trill

December 15, 2007 at 2:08 pm #353322
Avatar of Legoman182182
Legoman182182

Oh, sorry Trill.

December 15, 2007 at 3:18 pm #353340
Avatar of Smeagol
Smeagol

“Trillspots” wrote: This is not where Campaign threads go, Schlaeps will open the new Campaign forum later today.

Don’t worry about it though, I’ll just move it there.

-Trill

Will this forum still serve any purpose, then?

December 15, 2007 at 4:17 pm #353353
Avatar of Trillspots
Trillspots

Nothing more than archives.

“Legoman182182″ wrote: Oh, sorry Trill.

It’s fine – I got caught up in some chaos yesterday and lost track of what day it was. I appreciate you reading over the guildelines and following them very nicely! You have a nice platform, good luck in the elections!

I should’ve made sure the new forum was open last night – I’ll get it as soon as Schlaeps is on today.

-Trill

December 15, 2007 at 5:05 pm #353358
Avatar of Smeagol
Smeagol

“Legoman182182″ wrote: I firmly believe that about a one to one ratio of brickfiling to non brickfilming (excluding the LDF, which, as you say, takes up a lot posts with the same amount of involvement) is a healthy balance reflected by most brickfilmers here.

At first I wasn’t so sure about this, but I have to agree because I don’t think I post in non-brickfilming forums excessively and still only about 59% of my posts are in brickfilming-related forums.

December 15, 2007 at 10:57 pm #353467
Avatar of Nick Durron
Nick Durron

Almost 75% of my posts have been made in the Brickfilming forums, and I think most members are above 50%. Even if a one to one ratio of Brickfilming to non-Brickfilming related posts is common, this isn’t necessarily “healthy”.

At any rate, Legoman, there’s no way you’ll get elected over Lech for this ministry.

December 15, 2007 at 11:10 pm #353477
Avatar of White
White

Its the Winter ’07 Election’s, isn’t it?

-White (who will start his thread tomorrow morning, it’s too late tonight).

December 16, 2007 at 12:06 am #353513
Avatar of Trillspots
Trillspots

Eh, the election ends in ’08, and their terms will run ’08. While, it was a typo on my part – it’s not a big deal.

“Nick Durron” wrote: Almost 75% of my posts have been made in the Brickfilming forums, and I think most members are above 50%. Even if a one to one ratio of Brickfilming to non-Brickfilming related posts is common, this isn’t necessarily “healthy”.

At any rate, Legoman, there’s no way you’ll get elected over Lech for this ministry.

“Brickfilms Voter Guidelines” wrote: Be encouraging! The candidates are doing you a favor, taking time out of their lives to try and improve your experience on the forum. Be appreciative of that. If the candidate doesn’t have much experience, or is a little young for the position – it’s great to give advice or constructive criticism. Just be sure you aren’t too hard on them, or it’s going to discourage people from wanting to run again. In the end, we’ve never had someone unfit end up in a ministry and it’s a great experience for the younger and newer members to go through the process.

Don’t be too harsh on candidates you don’t agree with – if you think someone else is better for the job, reflect that in your vote. There’s no reason to be discouraging in their campaign thread. Constructive questions is one thing, but there’s no reason to be rude.

-Trill

December 16, 2007 at 1:44 am #353561
Avatar of Lechnology
Lechnology

“Legoman182182″ wrote: Community projects I hope to organise

If elected, as well as promoting members to start their own projects (such as The Day Brickfilms.com crashed) I would set up several official projects of my own. One idea is the behind the scenes series.

I’m sure we have all seen programs in which actors and directors are interviewed about their work in a film or TV series. Usually in these segments the interviewee is sat to the far left or right of the screen with a suitable backdrop behind. I thought it would be interesting if the more famous films like Cognizance, Faithless, The Gauntlet and anything in the podcast had just such an accompaniment, with a minifig delivering a narrative from the real director. Perhaps this could become a series if it proves a popular idea, and perhaps eventually a podcast. Stay tuned for updates as this idea develops.

I suppose it wasn’t quite clear or obvious, but anyone is free to post ideas and concepts, whether or not they’re a minister. BertL and RP Hoogle are example of that and they are treated as heads of their own project that have been treated as official. Don’t feel afraid to start your own project just because you’re not a minister (yet). Feel free to introduce them. I can’t guarantee that they’ll become official, but you can always run it privately, just as I have with Divinity prior to the start of this ministry.

I like your Behind the Scenes idea. We should talk after the election is over.

I encourage you to post your project ideas. Don’t let your current non-minister status hinder you from doing so. Mr.Lemons, BudgetStudios, Timothy__Ratner, TwickABros, Mac Pro, etc. have.

December 16, 2007 at 10:34 am #353673
Avatar of Legoman182182
Legoman182182

You know what? I have no idea why I am running for this possition. Lech is clearly doing a superb job, it’s as though he was born for it. Just look at his sig.

In addition, I’ve just been hit full in the face by an A-level revision task, and am currently careering through the proverbial windscreen like a crash test dummy. I was kidding my self for thinking I had time to give this ministry the attention it deserves. If you where going to vote for me, vote for Lech. He is clearly the man for the job, and is already inacting most of my policies.

I like your Behind the Scenes idea. We should talk after the election is over.

I look forward to it.

But I want those mince pies back.

Legoman, hanging up the lime green suit.

December 17, 2007 at 3:59 pm #354041
Avatar of saulgoode
saulgoode

You have some nice proposals and I am particularly pleased that you mentioned a “Behind The Scenes” series, not so much because I support that specific concept but because it suggests an expanded role for CP which hasn’t yet been undertaken. That is to say, I feel it would appropriate and good for CP to coordinate and promote ongoing series of related films. The “Dictionary Series” is a nice example, as would be a re-institution of the “Animation Class” series.

December 17, 2007 at 10:39 pm #354209
Avatar of Lechnology
Lechnology

as would be a re-institution of the “Animation Class” series.

I am so glad you brought that up. I always wanted to resurrect that series.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘WINTER 08 – Legoman for MO Community Projects – WITHDRAWN’ is closed to new replies.