2006 BAMPA Awards: Nominations

Home Forums Community General Brickfilming 2006 BAMPA Awards: Nominations

This topic contains 120 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 117 total)
  • Author

Dragoon
    Participant

Here are the nominations for the upcoming BAMPA Awards, recognizing brickfilms for their merit in eight categories.

Best Film
    Faithless
    Grace
    Mirrored Perspective
    System Reboot (RevMen and Nosniborus)
    Triumph of the Empire

Best Animation
    Capastroid
    Faithless
    Grace
    Macbeth: Act V Scene VII

Best Cinematography
    Douleur
    Faithless
    Grace
    Mirrored Perspective
    Triumph of the Empire

Best Screenplay
    Climb So High
    Faithless
    The Fisherman’s Wife
    Grace
    L’Inspiration

Best Sound Design
    Beast
    Grace
    Faithless
    Mirrored Perspective
    Triumph of the Empire

Best Score
    Edison
    Faithless
    Grace
    Mirrored Perspective
    Triumph of the Empire

Best Visual Elements
    Faithless
    Grace
    Men o’ War
    Triumph of the Empire

Best Voice Acting Performance
    Brennan Davis – Tectonic Man – Tectonic Man
    Mike Dyer – Mr. Hanson – Back 2 Skool
    Scott Preston – Grand Moff Tarkin – Triumph of the Empire
    Nathan Snow – Darcy – Grace
    Peter Wood – Fabron – Grace

Notes:

Below, a clarification on the categories, copy-pasted from the instructions delivered to the judges.

Best Overall Film: This category is broad, and subjective. Which film excelled, not just in several, but in ALL of these categories to the greatest degree? No doubt, this film will be view by many as the “Best Film.” While we are seeking to distance it from that connotation, this should be kept in mind. Recognize that this should be a top-notch film.

Animation: Films in this category should display exceptional effort and quality in their animation. They should be effective, based on the style of the film. If the film is meant to be cartoonish, the animations should reflect that; if, in turn, it’s meant to serious and lifelike, the animations should be also. Creativity and style are important, but most of all, we’re looking for talent and technical skill.

Cinematography: To be considered for an award in cinematography, a film should make excellent use of lighting and colors, and employ effective framing. Of course, because of the wide array of styles that can exist, the theme and storytelling of the films need to be taken into account. Above all, one should look for films that use cinematography effectively to express the story, theme, mood, and style of the movie.

Screenplay: These films should have excellent, satisfying plotlines. Writing should fit well with the style and story, in addition to being natural and compelling. Judges should consider the lines of dialog, the story and character arcs, and the scenes and order of the film. Is the story effective? Is the dialog well-written? How is the story told? Does it work well with the director’s intentions?

Sound Design: Films in this category should have clear, crisp dialog (except for when the story calls for something otherwise). Foley and other sound effects should be used effectively, and should help to draw the viewer in and make the film come alive, as opposed to being unintentionally distracting.

Score: Both original and non-original scores are considered in this category. The purpose here is not to judge music on its own, but rather to judge the music in conjunction with the movie. Does the music fit with the film? Like the rest of the sound, does it succeed in drawing the viewer in, and in emphasizing the theme and style of the film? Is it appropriate?

Visual Elements: Which film had the best visual elements involved in it? Visual elements include things like minifigs, sets, props and objects, as well as backdrops and special effects done either on the computer, or through tradition means. Sets and visual effects are the most important elements to consider.

Voice Acting Performance: Which voice actor was the most effective at bringing his/her character to life? Are they adept and skilled in their performance abilities? Does their performance match the character and the film? Bear in mind that it is not the quality of the actor or actress’s microphone that is being judged here, but their performance.

Lord_Of_The_LEGO
    Participant

I must say I didn’t expect Beast getting a nomination for Best Sound Design. 😆

R&R
    Participant

So, no best deput film? Cool, now I can post total junk and not worry about it.

Lechnology
    Participant

So, no best de[b]ut film?

It was mentioned a while ago that the category was removed. Listen to the Brickfilmer’s Guide podcast about it for additional information.

Treetah
    Participant

About. Time.

Can’t wait. For. The. Ceremony. Nor. Can. I. Form. Complete. Sentences. -.Damn. Thats. Good.

…or CFTCNCIFCS-DTG for short your short catchy words-into-letter thingy; or WILT.

Schlockading
    Participant

Finally! Nice choice of nominations for screenplay. I’m also glad that Mirrored Perspective was given some merit even though it isn’t an “epic” film by most standards. I’m not going to be picky, but I’m surprised that Beast isn’t in Visual Elements. Oh well. I’m not complaining.

Anonymous

The nominations seemed a bit rushed, but, Oh well.

-bfs

si665
    Participant

I haven’t seen half these films, so I will have to go search for them,
    Shame the titles weren’t hyperlinks, it would have saved a lot of time. 🙁

si665
    Participant

Yes Beast should have been in Visual Elements, the lab scene is a fantastic set.

Can anyone vote ?

If so, then you should have ensured that all the films nominated are available for us to view, several have broken links !

So we don’t know if they are any good compared to the ones we can view.

Matt Gillan
    Participant

Woah Grace in every catergory!?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.