A Peculiar Event @ Shootin' Bricks Headquarters

Home Forums Brickfilming Forums Review Films A Peculiar Event @ Shootin' Bricks Headquarters

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nosniborus 15 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Shootin Bricks
    Participant

Well, I guess I’ll go ahead and put it out here-
    http://www.shootinbricks.com/apeasbhq.rm
    I’d just like to make the following comments:
    I didn’t intend to enter this contest. I’ve been bouncing from one to the next for over 2 years now and I really wanted to take a break and sit this one out. But last Friday as the deadline loomed and I was putting the finishing touches on a pretty cool set I’d built, I suddenly got the urge to animate so I cranked this puppy out in less than 2 days.
    I didn’t have a script- I just started filming without knowing where it would lead.
    And yes, I did run it past Logan before I submitted it- it’s just the decent thing to do.
    I do believe that this is the greatest, most consistantly impressive crop of contest films ever. It amazes me what some of these guys are turning out.
    I recommend watching all of their films first- they are all awesome. And when you are done and you’re in the mood for something silly, check mine out.

Anonymous

It won’t play on mine machine… 😮

Felix
    Participant

Hey Doug!

I loved it! though it was very short.

**Spoilers**

I loved the set you used. The animation of McHammer was very well done too! I recognized that you aimated the clock very realistic. I think the Idea was very simple but funny. Very enjoyable!

**Spoilers**

Great Job Doug, good to see a new movie from you!

felix

Logan
    Participant

Sometimes laughing at the stupidity of one’s own self is a lot funnier than laughing at others…

Spoilers

The set was very, very good. It wasn’t an improvement in any technical fields, but when the fig in the chair said “How peculiar!” I laughed out loud. I’d come back with a vicious revenge, but I’m afraid all my animation for the moment must go towards a certain other project.
    Spoilers

Logan

RevMen
    Participant

This was a really fun short. The dancing was great, especially the arm thing. Such a simple, clever, and effective idea. For some reason I really enjoy people creating themselves in their brickfilms as powerful, wealthy, throne-sitting individuals. Sort of the Snoop-Dog approach to animation, I guess (or is it Snoop Doug?). And you can always count on Doug for a cartoony event of some sort. Well done Doug, I’m really glad you made this.

Esmerelda
    Participant

Wow.. awesome set! It’s my dream home!

I laughed out loud, too… funny!

Now I’m gonna be walking around all day singing that song.
    Thanks. 😆

Esmerelda

Motfilms
    Participant

:rotfl

*spoilers*

The set was great. It had so many great details. The clock was very nicely animated. The dance moves and arm thing were great. I haven’t laughed so long or so hard for a long time.

*spoilers*

I loved it!

Lieberman Bros.
    Participant

Wow that’s alot of books! Did you borrow some or all of those yours (if so you sure bought alot of Harry Potter sets). As for animation it was nothing out of the ordinary, that said it was still very well done. The dancing was really good too. I like how you found different ways for it to move. The only thing I didn’t like was that the picture quality looked as though it would better suit 320×240. Maybe it’s just me but it didn’t look as crisp as your others films, other than that a great fun short to watch numorous times. 😀

Anonymous

While it may not compare to the other entries techincally, yours was the only one that I got a real full-blown chuckle out of.

Thanks for the laugh Doug!

Shootin Bricks
    Participant

Wow that’s alot of books! Did you borrow some or all of those yours (if so you sure bought alot of Harry Potter sets).

Bricklink. I got tired of waiting to accumulate enough on my own so I found some guy in Virginia and cleaned him out of all 68 of his books that he had for sale.

The only thing I didn’t like was that the picture quality looked as though it would better suit 320×240.

You’re right- here’s a ‘smaller’ version. The file size is about the same though… It’s much better.
    http://www.shootinbricks.com/apeasbhqnew.rm

Thanks for the laugh Doug!

Nice to know I’m still good for something 🙂

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    Here’s some still shots of the set:
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=72028

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.