AIM – Breathing Space

Home Forums Brickfilming Forums Review Films AIM – Breathing Space

This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Leonardo812 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Leonardo812
    Participant

After a month of filming and another month of digital effects and editing, I am proud to release my latest short film, Breathing Space. The original footage contains three additional scenes, so I hope to be able to release a director’s cut in the future. (This is dependent on the outcome of a couple of current projects)

This film is an entry into AIM. Thank you to Darkbrick for hosting that great contest.

– Special thanks to Alexander Suppe for scoring the film and providing sound effects. He did a great job, and was a help and inspiration throughout the creation of the film. I never would have been able to do the sound design as well as he did it.
    – Thank you to Burkhard Schloemer for providing some LDraw models for the film. Hopefully I can give them more screen time in the director’s cut. Make sure to visit his site, Brickcommander.com, where he has a lot of great stuff.
    – Thank you to the people who helped out in little ways, including Roger, Phillip Heinrich, Andrew Rosche, and William Chamberlin.
    – And finally, thanks to everyone who’s made a space brickfilm. If you have, I probably watched it (And was inspired by it) while planning this film. 🙂

This was by far the funnest film I’ve made. Every day filming was a blast. I used only free software for most of the digital effects. If something looked cool, it was probably done in Blender. I also used Cinegobs Keyer for two greenscreened shots and Photoscape for some color correction. I plan to do some behind-the-scenes stuff, so if you want to see how a specific shot or effect was done, email me at jharris812[at]gmail.com.

I look forward to your critiques and comments. Thanks for watching. 🙂

Youtube

RMV Small(450 by 225)
    RMV Medium(800 by 400)
    WMV Massive (1600 by 800)

– Jordan Harris

The frozen brick
    Participant

How long did it take to make this thing? For it is awsome!!! Ilove the effects and everything about it, exet that there should be a better story.

Leonardo812
    Participant

“The frozen brick” wrote: How long did it take to make this thing? For it is awsome!!! Ilove the effects and everything about it, exet that there should be a better story.

It took about a month of filming and another month of digital effects and editing.

-Leonardo

ManVan
    Participant

I thought it was visually awesome, but like frozen said, the plot was a bit lacking. Those CG bricks just blew me away though! 😮 Good job!

Anonymous

Leo, that was awesome.

I was saddened by it’s short length.

Hazzat
    Participant

I didn’t really get the title. In the cut scenes, did the robot and spaceman go outside and were therefore breathing space?

Leonardo812
    Participant

“Hazzat” wrote: I didn’t really get the title. In the cut scenes, did the robot and spaceman go outside and were therefore breathing space?

[Laughs] No – the phrase “breathing space” is often used when you feel like you don’t have enough room. I used it almost as a pun, since the film occurs on a space station. The malfunctioning robot is intruding on the spaceman’s station. Hence the title.

-Leonardo

Anonymous

I enjoyed it. The animation was great in most parts, but there were a few parts where his walk cycle seemed a little awkward. The part when he grabbed onto the pole while floating didn’t really look good either. The robot looked great.

But the story didn’t really do it for me. It was really short, and the ending was too abrupt. It was a cute little film, though.

Hazzat
    Participant

I knew it meant not having enough space, so I thought were using it as even more of a pun.

Anonymous

“Hazzat” wrote: I didn’t really get the title. In the cut scenes, did the robot and spaceman go outside and were therefore breathing space?

Hazzat wins.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.