APE time extension?

Home Forums Events and Projects Forums Contests Discussion APE time extension?

This topic contains 55 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Yolegoman 18 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

TakeAMiracle
    Participant

“tub-o-legos” wrote: So you mean we can let people watch our APE entries before the deadline?

I don’t think it would be recommended to let people, especially the judges, see it early. I think Rev’s point is that if someone accidently sees it early, it’s no big deal.

Just my $0.02. 🙂
    Creel

MarkB
    Participant

Anyone know what formats and codecs that Linux and Mac people use?

The entry info only states, “be submitted in enough formats to be readable by Windows, Linux, and Macintosh computers (No .wmv only entries this time!) “

I don’t see any of this kind of info in the FAQ, only recommended software for excoding on each platform.

If I use a divx avi file is that ok?

RevMen
    Participant

As far as I know, everything but WMV is useable on a Mac. Don’t worry about Linux, I just put that in there to be PC. (get it? PC?)

Motfilms
    Participant

“RevMen” wrote: As far as I know, everything but WMV is useable on a Mac. Don’t worry about Linux, I just put that in there to be PC. (get it? PC?)

😆

unfoldingmetal
    Participant

“RevMen” wrote: As far as I know, everything but WMV is useable on a Mac. Don’t worry about Linux, I just put that in there to be PC. (get it? PC?)

My dad has no problem running WMV on his powerbook.

…?

RevMen
    Participant

Last time we had problems with a couple of Mac users who couldn’t view the wmv movies. It is possible to view them on a Mac, but it takes some amount of setting up. How much, I don’t know.

strider
    Participant

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads. … sreq=False

MacOSX users can download the WMV player from this link.

tub-o-legos
    Participant

Can someone get me a converter to change WMV files to RM files? And if I just have my APE entry in WMV and RM format, will that be enough?

RevMen
    Participant

helix producer will take wmv files to rm. I suggest exporting a very high quality wmv, then turning it into rm and submitting only your rm version.

Yolegoman
    Participant

As for the Archive not accepting it, Rev has put forth his Ftp Account offer again and again. If you’re worried about that, upload to Brickfilms.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.