BAMPA Awards Ceremony – Sat Jun 9 3:30 EST

Home Forums Community General Brickfilming BAMPA Awards Ceremony – Sat Jun 9 3:30 EST

This topic contains 84 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Tim 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author

Smeagol
    Participant

“MindGame” wrote: Sorry to keep flogging you, Legoman, but your presentation of Best Film is comparable to what Laurence Olivier did at the 1984 Oscars.

-MindGame

…What did Olivier do? I Googled this but couldn’t find anything.

-Smeagol

MindGame
    Participant

“Smeagol” wrote: [quote=”MindGame”]Sorry to keep flogging you, Legoman, but your presentation of Best Film is comparable to what Laurence Olivier did at the 1984 Oscars.

-MindGame

…What did Olivier do? I Googled this but couldn’t find anything.

-Smeagol[/quote]

Lawrence Olivier awarded the Oscar for Best Picture in 1984, but instead of announcing all the nominees, he read the first name on the envelope without breaking the seal and said “The winner is Amadeus” without reading the other nominees. There was an awkward moment and one of the Oscar officials had to run out to see if Lawrence correctly announced the winner before he made a speech. It may have been the ’85 Oscars, but yeah.

-MindGame

Legoman182182
    Participant

“Dragoon” wrote: I did tell Legoman to “just say matt” in private chat, in response to his butchering of “Matthew”. Apparently he took this very literally and neglected to give the name of the film as well.

But you did OK, Legoman. I’m proud of you.

Dragoon, who far from told Legoman exactly what to say (the God Save the Queen guitar solo was his own brainchild)

You did set me up as the grand finally, so I used some imagination after all that Robin hood stuff… 😆

Crazyanimator
    Participant

“Shadow the Rebel” wrote: Matt would have been just dandy, had I read it. But I completely missed it because there was no space between Legoman’s name and Matt’s. So the Matt part was lost in the jungle of letters, and all I read was the part about the fireworks and the uplifting tune of the band. Then people started cheering and people were saying he said “Matt” but I just thought they were crazy, because I hadn’t read it. It took me several minutes to realize I had missed something and so I scrolled back up and saw “Matt” all twisted up in the numbers that follow Legoman around.

THAT’s the reason I was confused.

Yeah, that is why I couldn’t understand, I missed the Matt because it was attached to Legoman’s name.

Tim
    Participant

[02] Legoman182182 GOD SAVE THE QUEEN! “GUITAR SOLO”

Damn, that was cool.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.