Bluntmation in an art exhibition! say-wha?

Home Forums Community Featured Articles Bluntmation in an art exhibition! say-wha?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Darth 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So, this morning as I was checking my e-mail, I find an e-mail from one Diana McCarty on behalf of Andreas Lange, curator of “of PONG.mythos” asking for my permission to include “The Game” in an Art exhibition!

An ART EXHIBITION!

“PONG.mythos attempts to systematically show all facets of the Pong myth… The international exhibition takes up three main veins of Pong through its History, Art and Science. Over 40 works from 8 countries will be presented throughout the exhibition cycle.
    Pong.mythos will comprise a three month exhibition at the Wuerttembergischer Kunstverein in Stuttgart, Germany in February of 2006; a four day exhibition at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany in June of 2006; and a one month exhibition at the Kornhausforum in Bern, Switzerland in summer of 2007.”

“There is no other phenomenon that compacts the development lines of our digital information society as much as Pong. The Pong myth has already emancipated itself from its historical origins in the game arcades. It has become influential in a larger context. The exhibition uses Pong to paradigmatically question man’s situation in society from various perspectives. Noticeably, this approach is often followed by young artists. Pong is therefore a common leitmotif in current artistic production. However, this labour on the myth not only deconstructs but also continues and extends it.”

The PONG.mythos website contains more comprehensive information, texts, project descriptions and other related material that the general public can access.

Never thought I’d see the day when something I made was part of an art exhibition. Totally awesome. πŸ˜€

White
    Participant

Another step towards brickfilms world domination.

Lechnology
    Participant

Another step towards brickfilms world domination.

Ahem…

Congratulations, Blunty.

Whoa, that’s just bloody brilliant. Really cool! Congratulations.

Dave
    Participant

That’s really great news, Nate! Great job!

-Dave

skudmunky
    Participant

Cool beans. Just one step closer to being famous. πŸ™‚

hehe, I love that PONG movie of yours. Way to go Blunty! w00t! :party:

MindGame
    Participant

Way to go, Blunt! That’s awesome!

-MindGame

Anonymous

W00t! Congrats, you’re not dead yet.

(I was going to say the exact same thing as MindGame, but he stole my lines.)

Anonymous

whoa :wink that’s awesome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.