Brickfilm growth

Home Forums Community Featured Articles Brickfilm growth

This topic contains 17 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  T 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Markenration
    Participant

Look! in the “Post and review films” forums, there’s 1000 topics. THis shows the brickfilm growth, and the increase amount of brickfilm. (10 brick contest bump up lots of good films)

Jeorge
    Participant

WoW!

johannes
    Participant

but question is, has the quality gotten better?

thepotoo
    Participant

has the quality gotten better?

I think it has. If you look at the old site in the archive, a lot of the films which today we would consider “bad” were considered “good”. I’d say that the bar is consistantly being pushed up by people such as Hali, KarateDude, Jay Silver, Bluntman, etc.

I predict that, within a few years, cheap and effective cameras and lighting will bring the quality of brickfilms up even more. I also think that the community is waiting for an open-source version of Primere and After Effects. Once this comes out, the quality of films will improve ten-fold.

My two cents.

X
    Participant

look at hollywood,
    They used to pump out a few movies a year, and they were actually GOOD,
    Now it seems theres about 5 new ones a week, and they usually suck.

So lets hope that we don’t take the hollywood path mmmk?

Anonymous

1000 topics, yet only 600 films in the directory. Of course, you can’t really say “only 600.” 🙂

It is cool how fast this hobby is growing, and all though it’s been a while since I’ve seen a really great brickfilm, I think we’re still churning out some quality stuff.

“xero” wrote: They used to pump out a few movies a year, and they were actually GOOD,
    Now it seems theres about 5 new ones a week, and they usually suck.

Actually, I think the studios in the old days worked to release 1 film every week, and many of them were crappy. Casablanca was originally just one of those weekly films, but it was actually good.

Cometgreen

Z
    Participant

I, for one, think that brickfilming is gaining recognition pretty quickly. Just earlier this year, an article appeared in Wired Magazine (Wow!) about Buxton. The directory is growing rapidly and exponentially. The other day on TechTV, some of the hosts mentioned Spite Your Face’s Monty Python film.

It is nice to see kids here, considering that that’s probably the kind of person this site appeals most to usually. It would be nice to see more mature/adult members signing up (not to say there aren’t those of you every once in a while ;)), but whatever.

protowrxs
    Participant

“Z” wrote: It would be nice to see more mature/adult members signing up (not to say there aren’t those of you every once in a while ;)), but whatever.

I guess I fit into at least one of those categories.. . 😕

Actually that Wired article was 11/2003 and is the reason I am even here. This past year has been a very interesting one for me at least here and it’s nice to see the hobby getting more real world exposure. Let’s kick up another notch in 2005.. 😉

-Stephen

RevMen
    Participant

2005 = the year of brickfilms world dominance.

Z
    Participant

“protowrxs” wrote: I guess I fit into at least one of those categories.. .

Haha, you know what I meant.

Was it really a year ago that the Wired article was written? Wow, time sure does fly.

By the way, Josh, hopefully you took my ideas into consideration for the whole world domination thing? You know, the release of the last Star Wars episode to be made, my age becoming the perfect time to rule, etc.

I hope you remembered that I want Great Britain. I don’t really like the United States all that much. Oh, by the way Brits, trust me… I’ll make a pretty good leader. Then again, Josh is kind of ruling the whole world, so whatever he does directly effects me… 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.