Cleaning Time: The Janitorial Contingency. A Brickfilms CP

Home Forums Brickfilming Forums Review Films Cleaning Time: The Janitorial Contingency. A Brickfilms CP

This topic contains 40 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mechanco 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Yo-Blob
    Participant

I watched this a few days ago but I’m only getting around to the review now
    [spoiler]Wow, after two years its finally done! Congrats to everyone who contributed to this wonderful film! I do have some issues though.
    – The film has no climax, they barely have to think or even try very hard to get the time machine back, and when they do they face almost no problems in the jurassic period.
    – light flicker. The light flicker very much detracted from the professional look the opening titles create.
    – set bumps, i dunno be more careful I guess.[/spoiler]

despite what I have said it was still quite an enjoyable film, great job guys.

legofred
    Participant

Congratulations to all of you who contributed!
    You have made a good and enjoyable film. 🙂

Although it was noticeable that the scenes were animated by different people, I must say I was surprised by how well everything fit together. I had expected far more obvious differences. The story could have been beetter though, I think it was too simple. The time travellers should have had some bigger challenges, like already mentioned. But of course the amount of people involved in a project like this limits how complicated the plot and project as a whole can be. I guess that a great deal of work was required only to keep everyone on the same track. People should keep that in mind…

Well, this is a great achievement, well done!

Super Cameraman
    Participant

That was good! The 3D opening logo was SWEET! Great job on the movie! I couldn’t tell the difference between the different animators! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Rolz
    Participant

That was probably what I’ve excepted. Honestly, it didn’t worth the two year waiting. It wouldn’t worth even a one year wait. But getting that past, this one is a top notch brickfilm, I really do like it.
    [spoiler]Actually the story is very weak with some plotholes, I would rate it a 4/10. But it’s the first CP ever, I can’t except hyper-mega-great things.

The jokes didn’t really made me laugh, I only chuckled a bit on the reference of the Eindhoven Man and the Parliament with Ned Kelly. Those were funny.

The animation was great, nothing bad I can say, only a few flickers, everybody done their job very good. I liked the 3D intro scene, too.

The musics, sounds and voice acting were pretty nice, good job.[/spoiler]
    This is a very good brickfilm overall, a big “Good job!” to everyone who contributed.

Anonymous

Wow, nice logo intro!
    Animation is BRILL.
    I liked the hovercars.
    Nice cameos in the museum there.
    Great job.
    9/10. 🙂

PE-porukka
    Participant

SPOILERS

Yep I agree with many of the other reviewers here; a bit unoriginal with the time-travel plot and quite a short film for a 2-year project. Some of the animation is quite basic and uninteresting but there is some very good audio sync and realistic moves.

Some of the basic sets could use some more interesting brick-building but the sound work is brilliant overall! The sound effects in the city street and the music in the museum scene bring the locations to life.

I think the ending is quite awkward with the way-too-short visit to the dinosaur time. The fun last line before the credits saves a lot though.

Anonymous

Hey,

I don’t have time to write a full reveiw. I’m not even going to specifiy technical details, because I would have to describe everything in each scene. (‘Cause of all the different animators.)

Basically, I thought the film was good. Slightly above average. But, that being said, the fact that it was worked on by so many people and still pulled through is amazing in itself. I can tell why it would take two years, what with a delay from one person could set everything off balance.

Anyway, I was just wondering: could I have a copy of the opening song? That is, if it’s longer. I really like it, and I want to listen to the whole thing.

BTW, the opening scene was absoloutely sweet.

-Bonzai

RevMen
    Participant

By opening, do you mean the 3D logo and the scene outside the lab? Or do you mean the first credits? If you mean the logo, then you’re hearing the entirety of the music. If you want to hear the credits music, it’s called The Cheesy Dance and it was posted by Chazmanda here somewhere.

Slightly above average.

😆
    Slightly above average? What average are you talking about?

Look, we know it’s not the best brickfilm ever made, but you gotta admit it’s pretty darn good. If there wasn’t so much expectation placed on it, if some random guy just showed up one day and posted it, people would be reacting a lot more positively to it. And that’s fine, but credit where credit’s due.

I agree that the first couple minutes of the film turned out great. If only the rest of the film could have lived up to it. 🙂

Anonymous

Look, we know it’s not the best brickfilm ever made, but you gotta admit it’s pretty darn good. If there wasn’t so much expectation placed on it, if some random guy just showed up one day and posted it, people would be reacting a lot more positively to it.

Agreed. It’s not the epitome of brickfilms, but it is still better than most of the films on this site. It has a full story (even if not completely original, though it seems like the first to have time traveling janitors), good characters, good sound, and good animation. It’s not Frankenstein, but I know it held my interest for all 11 minutes, which is very hard for a brickfilm to do these days.

Cometgreen

Mechanco
    Participant

BTW CG, what animating program did you use for that opening sequence?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.