Cracked Torsos

Home Forums Fim Making Forums Bricks Cracked Torsos

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander_N 3 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ryan_Alex
    Participant

On a few of my minifigs, there is a crack in the torso underneath the arm. This cause the arm joint to be slack, making it complicated to animate with. Does anybody know what causes this, how to prevent it, and how to fix it when it does happen?

Margaret
    Participant

A cracked torso is a very general problem when it comes to older minifigs. I’d only apply super glue as a complete last remedy. Maybe a layer of Elmer’s glue over the cracks might do the trick to help keep it together temporarily?

James Brandon
    Participant

Hey I know how to mend it! You just need to place a small piece of paper in the arm socket to give it more balance, I did it with my old Indiana jones torsos and it work just fine, just make sure you hide the paper.

Jennifer.Maria
    Participant

If you do end up by glue, you can always file it down if you got it on the outside of the minifigs. And there is model paint if you require fixing a number of colour damage.

Alexander_N
    Participant

One thing that worked for me is to use a very tiny needle-nose plier or a tweezers to hold the torso from inside while pushing the crack apart (very carefully). Now you can use a toothpick or a needle get a bit of superglue in the crack to fix it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.