Fight Film Contest

Home Forums Events and Projects Forums Contests Discussion Fight Film Contest

This topic contains 42 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 15 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

If any have been reading through the Chicken Dance 2 you will now the details. But for newbies here you go.

Welcome to the first short film contest (sfc). The first contest will require you to make a short fight sequence choreographed to any musical track. All entrants must use a music track to establish a common judging rule.

Full credit must go to the author of the musical track you have used

Films must go for around 30 secs to 2 minutes. For each 10 seconds over the entrant will be deducted 2 pts.

No swearing or profanity allowed.

Must have credits for all the people who worked on the film.

No old films, but are allowed 4 pts deducted from score though.

Submission will be done via a form mailer. Entrants must provide name of entrant, name of film and a reachable email address.

Must have a workable link to the film (or hosted by me, arranged BEFORE contest)

Im a kid so no prizes but a trophy. for runner up and winner.

Deadline May 20th

Judging
    There will be no one judge. Each entrant has 6 (1 spare) pts to give away to other entrants.

3pts to one

2 pts to another

and 1 pt to a final one.

Also 1 pt to be used incase of a tie

All voting must be fair (no doubling up to vote for each other)

Voting will be done via a form mailer. Each person must fill in there name, email address, and film name. Then the films that they are voting for.

I think thats it.

Sounds fun! 🙂

hali
    Participant

What happened to 30-45 seconds? Now it’s up to 2 minutes… want a bet that most of that time is used by people for credits? Plus it will add to download time for everyone.

All entrants must use a music track to establish a common judging rule.

What judging rule would that be? (Because you have not explicitly stated it) Is it the best fight sequence we are after? Or the best timing to music? Or both? I think it would help to make this less complicated than more…

(The reason I am asking so many questions is that this seems like a fun little comp, but the entry details/rules still are not as polished as I think they could be)

T
    Participant

Nice things are getting organized here at Bfilms.
    but i still think that we should have a ‘Lego Oscars’ event each year.
    That would pay more off, people would still could continue with their own projects and if they produce something well then all the hard work would payed off with a Lego Oscar
    Off cource it would be hard to get a nominee, but nothing comes easy.

As for all this little cool contests i’ll have to pass again, even if that would be a official Bfilms contest with tons of prices.

IDEA:
    PlastAwards should come back, LOL well then it’s up to me and Litervis.
    Maybe some day i pick it up on my self. i got all the graphics stuff ready.

Good luck with the contest Alan!

hobgoblin
    Participant

can it be without legos?
    like live film.

Dan
    Participant

“hobgoblin” wrote: can it be without legos?
    like live film.

this is brickfilms.com you can probably answer your own question.

there are others out there like WE!

Kyle
    Participant

😀 Cool Im in!

Anonymous

Is it possible to use Playmobil instead of Lego figs?
    And, am I allowed to use a fight scene of a new movie as an entry for this
    contest?

Anonymous

Play mobil is acceptable. Just have lego. If there is a scene from a movie that HASN”T been released and no one has seen it. You can enter it.

Must be in legos no live film.

What happened to 30-45 seconds? Now it’s up to 2 minutes… want a bet that most of that time is used by people for credits? Plus it will add to download time for everyone.

People said it should be a little long hali so i made it longer. but people please DO NOT GIVE ME 2 MIN MOVIES WITH 4 SECS ACTION AND 1.56MIN CREDITS!

PLEASE USE A DECENT CODEC. NO 8MB FILES OR HIGHER. THINK ABOUT 56KERS LIKE ME 😀

As with judging the entrants just pick the ones they like. The judging rule was more to sound cool. You can judge the entrants that you pic a special way you like.

Thanks for askin that stuff hali
    Amped

Mr. Less
    Participant

I might enter, need to build good arena.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.