How should I sort my LEGO?

Home Forums Fim Making Forums Bricks How should I sort my LEGO?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer.Maria 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ryan_Alex
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    Anybody have a good experience in sorting your LEGO? I feel I’m sorting a little to specifically and wasting my money on one too many sorting bins.

Margaret
    Participant

I’d suggest sorting by shape of brick rather than color, particularly for things like tiles and plates; e.g. all 2×2 tiles in one plastic bag, 1×4 plates in one more. I do this as well as finding a brick is so much easier for me.

Alexander_N
    Participant

You can separate your brick sizes even more, into as many categories. Like: Extra small, small, a bit small, medium, above medium, large, very large. Once you’re done move on to another category and repeat until you’ve finished your entire LEGO collection.

James Brandon
    Participant

I recommend are using big containers for construction-type colour sorting. Then I use smaller containers and drawers for small pieces and specific shapes and types.

Jennifer.Maria
    Participant

I recommend sorting by block type. I do this and finding bricks is so much easier for me. I arrange odd colors by colour though. And then everything else is a pretty good system.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.