MoB – Results for Masterpieces of Brickfilming

Home Forums Events and Projects Forums Contests and Film Festivals MoB – Results for Masterpieces of Brickfilming

This topic contains 25 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
  • Author

prof1515
    Participant

The results of the judges’ votes have been tabulated and the winners determined. Some of the categories, like screenplay and acting, were extremely close with a difference of only 2 points separating the winner from second while others like cinematography had clear favorites. I’d like to personally thank everyone who participated in MoB, whether you submitted a film or not. Special thanks to my three judges for taking the time to serve as such. Finally, congratulations to the winners and to those involved in the three films which were entered in the competition.

And now for the results…

Best Acting (Performance)
    Henrik Persson, Athelred in Hastings

Best Cinematography
    Nikolas Jaeger, Hastings

Best Screenplay
    Nikolas Jaeger, Hastings

Best Director
    Nikolas Jaeger, Hastings

Best Film
    Nikolas Jaeger, Hastings

Would the winners please contact me with directions on how they wish to receive their prizes (by mail or via Paypal). Congratulations again to the winners and to all who completed films for the competition.

-J

Munzapoppa
    Participant

Wow. A sweep. Awesome job, Night Owl.

-MMM

Shale
    Participant

Woah. Congrats on the solid win, Night Owl. I really have to go watch Hastings.

– Shale, who keeps kicking himself for not having seen the MoB films yet.

LegosJedi
    Participant

So, doesn’t Night Owl get, like, $250 USD?

Lord_Of_The_LEGO
    Participant

Winners? 😉

Clearly all deserved, Nikolas. Congrats!

w00tbeer all around.

Crazyanimator
    Participant

A sweep. Wow. Congratulations, Night, and also to the two other entries for finishing your films on time.

Felix
    Participant

Congratulations!

Good job to the other contestants as well.

:applause:

Anonymous

First I would like to thank prof1515 for making this competition, the original idea of the MoB to make quality films that have everything in it, like plot, character development, and voice acting was very encouraging and I hope we will see more such films.
    The contest adressed weaknesses, and I have to say, those are hard to overcome. I really liked the challenge, and I have to say some hurdles were probably a little too high for us. I my opinion non of the films had a good character development with problem, crisis, turningpoint, and solution. But we grow on our tasks, right? Still there were strong characters with good ideas and solid execution.
    It would be a lie when I say that we are not dissapointed for not even winning one category, but thinking about it, the three films were hard to compare, since the focus of each film was so different. I would not liked to be a judge here. So also thanks to the judges.

Now finally congratulations to the winner, Night owl! You did an amazing job, and I envy you for the best dolly I have ever seen in a brickfilm (the one from the beginning showing the horse riding through the village including the semi transparent foreground!)
    And also to the other competitor Dead-Eye my congratulations, I admired the amount of work you put into this, especially the sets!

I am looking forward to the discussion about future MoBs, but that is a different topic.

Cheers Arend :cheer:

MindGame
    Participant

Hmm, that was kind of an uninteresting finale.

Well, all the same, congrats Nikolas. Good work.

-MindGame

saulgoode
    Participant

This topic was split from the original thread.

Congratulations to the Night Owl for his achievement and thanks to prof1515 for holding this competition.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.