Montage Clip – The Fugitive

Home Forums Brickfilming Forums Review Films Montage Clip – The Fugitive

This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt Gillan 16 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author

The Duke
    Participant

Well, at long last, I have made a film again. It’s not much, but it’s something. I am way out of practice, so keep that in mind while you watch this. There are some flaws in the animation. Well, here it is.

RM File

MR.un0
    Participant

That was nicely done Duke.

I liked the lighting for the most part. The animation seemed kinda jerky, the audio was well timed with the animation. I have one question, was that water dripping down on the gun Harrison Ford was holding?

-un0

LegobrosJon
    Participant

that was really good! but i did not understand the part when that guy had his hands up.

Lechnology
    Participant

Ooh, nice rain effect on the gun.

TwoBit
    Participant

The lighting and video quality is quite impressive. The water effect was cool as well. I not sure, however, that I would have used that particular minifig for Tommy Lee Jone’s character.

MindGame
    Participant

I particularly love this movie. This was a great scene. Some of the animation was a tad jerky, but it still looked very much like the original movie. Nice work with the water drip effect, and great lighting. But the water in the background behind Tommy Lee Jone’s character seemed to move really unnaturally.

-MindGame

MR.un0
    Participant

“LegobrosJon” wrote: but i did not understand the part when that guy had his hands up.

I think you’d have your hands in the air too if someone was pointing a gun at you.

High Tower
    Participant

Good job Mr. Duke. The animation is slightly jerky, as others have said, but I realize that you are way out of practice. (I guess that’s my fault, sorry. :oops:). The water effect, as Lech has pointed out is amazing. The shots and framing of the shots are exactly the way the movie was, I commend you. Sound matchup was pretty amazing stuff as well.

Good jorb, and don’t be so slow in making another one!

-ht

The Duke
    Participant

Thank you all for you kind reviews, and for not punishing me too much for the jerkiness of some of the animation.

“MR.unO” wrote: I have one question, was that water dripping down on the gun Harrison Ford was holding?

Yes. It was coming from a pipe or something up above him. That’s also where the light was coming from.

“LegobrosJohn” wrote: that was really good! but i did not understand the part when that guy had his hands up.

Yeah, Harrison Ford’s character was like way out of focus, so you couldn’t see that he was holding a gun. But with my camera, I could only get that close to Tommy if Harry was out of focus.

“Twobit” wrote: I not sure, however, that I would have used that particular minifig for Tommy Lee Jone’s character.

Blame that on my brother. He picked it out. I just couldn’t find one that would fit him. Do you know of a better one? The head I used for Harrison Ford is perfect in my opinion. The first time I saw that head, I thought, hey, that looks like Harrison Ford.

“MindGame” wrote: But the water in the background behind Tommy Lee Jone’s character seemed to move really unnaturally.

I agree. I wasn’t pleased with the way it turned out. But I was pleased with Tommy’s movement on that part, so I guess I just didn’t want to do it over again.

Thanks for all the comments, guys. Keep them coming.

Dan
    Participant

this was a fun little clip. Nice work. 8)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.