NC – Nos and Rev's System Reboot

Home Forums Brickfilming Forums Review Films NC – Nos and Rev's System Reboot

This topic contains 40 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Radio-Active Goo 16 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 39 total)
  • Author

RevMen
    Participant

It was down to the wire, but Nos and I finished our Nadine and Charlie entry last night.

Highest Quality (H.264, 640×480, 23MB)

Smaller Version (H.264, 320×240, 8MB)

The only version I have rendered and uploaded is the high quality one. There’ll be at least one smaller file size later tonight after I get home from work. The H.264 codec has amazing quality but it takes ages to render a file with it.

Working with Nos on this project was an absolute delight. He’s very easy to work with and, as most of us are aware, an awesome animator. A big thanks to Nos for teaming up with me, and also much appreciation to Nadine and Charlie for putting this thing on.

Nosniborus
    Participant

The same can be said for Rev. Your stuff looks great! [spoiler]Especially the time lapse scenes. Seriously, they’re fantastic.[/spoiler]
    Collaborating long-distance was a lot of fun, and the film turned out great, which is an added plus. 🙂

-Nos

High Tower
    Participant

😮 The animation in this film is astounding! Very nice use of bricks. Especially the tread effects. I really liked that. I had a hard time trying to figure out who did what, because both of you guys are awesome! Great job!

-htf

Rocky_FS
    Participant

Is there a version compatible with Real, Wmv or the previous version of Quicktime?

fll-freak
    Participant

Nos and Rev,
    While its still fresh in your minds, would you plase add some more comments to this thread?
    http://brickfilms.wpengine.com/phpBB2/viewto … highlight=

Littlebrick
    Participant

Was that animated at 30 fps???

Good film. :wink

RevMen
    Participant

Some of it.

Thanks.

Rolz
    Participant

Darg, I blame dial-up.

As soon as I get the chance to view this movie, I’ll edit my review into this post.

KG
    Participant

Quite good, gentleman. You both managed to capture the weirdness of the song exquisitely(which, in layman’s terms, means I had no clue what was going on most the time).

[spoiler]The technical aspects are lovely. I loved the time lapse scenes and the brick making thing.[/spoiler]

So, in short, it’s no Citizen of the Year, but it’s a darn fine entry, and will be hard to beat.

Toph
    Participant

*Small spoilers*

It was pschydelicious.

For starters, that was an excellent piece of animation. I particularly liked the fast motion (time lapse) of the workers, like in Cognizance. It might have been used one too many times, but the purpose may have been to sync up with the music; I wasn’t following the soundtrack that closely. There were a few scenes with an underwater-type effect that I thought turned out perfectly. Stylistically, evertything fit. I loved the little vehicles; the one at the end that laid down its tracks as it moved was great.

One thing I noticed was how well your animating styles blended. There were only a few scenes that I could tell for sure who did what, but that’s mostly because I’m familiar with Nos’ sets.

I’m not really sure what the story was, if there was one. Maybe I need to watch it a few more times and focus on what’s going on, but that wasn’t too clear. Of course, that could’ve been the intent, to fit in with the lyrics, which didn’t give an impression of a story to me.

If Nadine and Charlie are half as pleased as I was with this, you have a very good chance at winning. Well done.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.