Night Lighting

Home Forums Fim Making Forums Post-Production Night Lighting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer.Maria 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ryan_Alex
    Participant

Hi Guys!!!!!!!

About to start a video when I realized that for the most part it is set at night-time and I have no idea how to give my video that effect! Is there a more “professional” way of doing it? Any advice will be much appreciated!

Margaret
    Participant

Point a lamp away from the set. The reflected brightness will light your set, with just sufficient light to make it look like night. This works really well.

James Brandon
    Participant

Put paper over your lamps is a key method to obtain a fine smooth look to your brick film. It also doesn’t make the lighting as harsh. This will improve the feature!!!

Alexander_N
    Participant

If you want a bit of a cinematographic outcome, you can make an effort to tint your lights blue a bit; not something I’ve tried, however I know a few people have, and a lot of runaway success cinema do this in situation to darkness shot.

Jennifer.Maria
    Participant

Make use of a black-out or shades to cover up your windows. This will help out to block any natural light, and reduce light-flicker. One more option is to animate at night-time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.