Not THAC-Dogfood

Home Forums Brickfilming Forums Review Films Not THAC-Dogfood

This topic contains 31 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Film Brain 15 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author

KG
    Participant

Glad you guys liked the movie. Keep the reviews a’coming.

Mouth animation adds a whole new level of comic possibility to brickfilms. I think some of the jokes just wouldn’t had worked with static faces. I used After Effects and Photoshop.

I would be happy to help you, Ladon.

KG, working on a tutorial

Nosniborus
    Participant

😆

That was laugh-out-loud funny. Very grood.

-Nos

Stefan
    Participant

It was amusing, but not laugh-out-loud funny for me. [spoiler]What did the dog say at the end?[/spoiler]

Awesome animation though!

Stefan.

Rolz
    Participant

That was amazing, KG! 😆
    [spoiler]How do you like your new doggie threats?[/spoiler]

“KG” wrote: KG, working on a tutorial

Greeeeeeat!

Super Cameraman
    Participant

Do you think your tutorial will work with flash? I like mouth animation but mine needs some work. Faaaaaaantastic movie! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Super Cameraman (who doesn’t feel so super anymore :wink )

Darth
    Participant

“Rolz” wrote: That was amazing, KG! 😆
    [spoiler]How do you like your new doggie threats?[/spoiler]

Heeheehee….

[spoiler]Yay, another Spastik Chuwawa movie! The only thing I didn’t get is what the dog said at the end.[/spoiler]

Shadow the Rebel
    Participant

Nice. I liked it.

[spoiler]I couldn’t understand what the dog said though.[/spoiler]

Beautiful face animation by the way.

MindGame
    Participant

Great job, KG. Wonderful mouth animation.

[spoiler]What would mother think?….eh, I never liked her anyways. :lol:[/spoiler]

-MindGame

Lechnology
    Participant

I think the dog said something similar to what the minifig said. “How’d you like your new doggie treat, boy?”

[spoiler]Awesome animation and mouth animation, although I noticed that one spot where the mouth became part of the background as well as the mouth.

I strongly suggest using the bezier warp, even though it does seem to have some bizarre (depending on how you pronounce it, those two words rhymned) setting to it. For a still frame, bezier warp works well in transforming the image to look like it was on a cylinder, a ball, etc. or right on the minifig’s face. For animating, that takes time.[/spoiler]

One question: was it animated on a blank minifig head with just reference points or did you mask out the original face?

Edit: typo

Shadow the Rebel
    Participant

Probably a blank head, they come with Stormtroopers, or he just turned the head around so you couldn’t see the face. Or he could have scratched it out. I doubt he used a black head though.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.