One Hour Deadline Comp Concept

Home Forums Events and Projects Forums Contests Discussion One Hour Deadline Comp Concept

This topic contains 88 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  hali 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Nosniborus
    Participant

I have a contest concept: A one-hour-deadline short film comp. Based on the honor system. 🙂
    Something like this, really short, fun, pointless, and made in the comp’s one-hour deadline. The clip mentioned really was made in about an hour, I’m guessing the average length of one such entry would only be about 5-10 seconds.
    All I’m looking for right now is feedback, will this work? I’ve wanted to try this for a while, it’s similar to the “speed modeling” comps Antiggo has referred to. We’re all so honest and trusting here, I’m thinking it might. 🙂

-Nos

Redmurunga
    Participant

sounds good I would enter.
    would the time include editing?
    and what would the reward be?

RevMen
    Participant

It usually takes me more than an hour to build a set. If I hurried I might get 2 seconds done in an hour.

Nosniborus
    Participant

That’s the “Challenge”, Rev. 🙂 Anyway, it doesn’t have to be exactly an hour. The short time limit is so nobody will spend too much time on it. The more time you have, the more work will be put into the entries, and the more the comp will be considered a “big deal”. It would probably an all-in-one-day deal, or if not, a weekend.

-Nos

protowrxs
    Participant

Something could be worked out but it still would be rather difficult to keep it fair with the world wide audience we have. Some would be in the middle of the day, others the middle of the night. :shrug: Cool idea though.

Maybe a ‘one day film’ with the subject matter being introduced at a certain time one day and films expected to be posted before a 24 hour deadline?

It would still be an honor system to insure someone doesn’t re-use footage but sounds fun.

-Stephen

KG
    Participant

I think this is an awesome idea.The only thing that has kinks is keeping track of all the timezones, and the possibility that someone may start filming their entry before the challenge begins.

protowrxs
    Participant

“Karateguy” wrote: …The only thing that has kinks is keeping track of all the timezones, and the possibility that someone may start filming their entry before the challenge begins.

That’s why I was thinking the subject matter or rules or whatever would be posted here at the start time so we wouldn’t really know what to actually make until the ‘start post’ was made.

Think that would work?

-Stephen

KG
    Participant

Good idea.There could also be a theme, so if some wiseguy tried to make a sci-fi film, the theme of the contest would be pirates or something. :mischief

Ladon
    Participant

Actually, instead of limiting with a theme, there could be a ‘signature object’

a special brick of some kind that always has to be visible, so that hopefully nobody can re-use footage. That object would be announced at the start of the comp… it would have to be something that everyone has, but something as simple as a white brick with a red dot drawn on it would do…

hali
    Participant

I’m REALLY liking this idea of a 24hr film thing. I have no problem with the details being posted at 2am or something my time and having the film due my 2am the next day – I think it is more important to org the time to have the most entries.

“Ladon” wrote: Actually, instead of limiting with a theme, there could be a ‘signature object’

a special brick of some kind that always has to be visible, so that hopefully nobody can re-use footage. That object would be announced at the start of the comp… it would have to be something that everyone has, but something as simple as a white brick with a red dot drawn on it would do…

Exactly the type of thing I was thinking about! And the idea of ‘modding’ a standard brick is a top idea. Having a red dot or something on it would mean you wouldn’t be able to reuse old footage at all!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.