Surreal 1/4: The Prisoner

Home Forums Brickfilming Forums Review Films Surreal 1/4: The Prisoner

This topic contains 16 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  KG 16 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author

KG
    Participant

This one took TWO days to make. 😀

Realmedia, 2.01 MB

Guest starring the dude with the backwards leg.
    -KG

Dragoon
    Participant

I was EXTREMELY impressed by the technical aspects; picture quality, animation, and effects. The animation was some of the best I’ve seen. Very, very sound.

That said, I had absolutely NO idea what the hell it meant. I believe this detracts from the film immensely. (Maybe I’m just missing an inside joke or something, too, but I doubt it could have made much sense under any circumstances.)

Rated 1 to 10 in the technical field, I shall give it an 7.5. I would consider giving it a higher rating, but it’s too short to develop these aspects.
    Unfortunately, I simply can’t give it any higher than a 3/10 for story/humor. I’m also going to give it a slight curve because it’s such an easily downloadable film, and enjoyable for it’s technical qualities. So overall, it merits a 5.75/10.

If you have a few minutes, go ahead and download it. As I said, it is enjoyable for it’s technical qualities.

Sorry not to give a more comprehensive review, but it’s hard to when the movie is incomprehensible itself.

I am really, REALLY looking forward to a movie from you with a longer, more… traditional story from you.

hoogiman
    Participant

Alright….

Lechnology
    Participant

:laughcry: HEE HEE HEE :rotfl HEe Hee hee hee 😆 …..Meh :sleep

KG
    Participant

Thanks guys, I’m glad you like the technical aspects.I agree that the story is extremely weird, but I just made it for the sheer enjoyment of making it.
    “wasn’t the hero dead at the end of your last film?”
    No one can Kill Bill. 😛
    The butt crack was my favorite part. 😛
    I totally agree about making longer films.I guess I better start work on Hamburger again and quiet slacking off. 😛
    I’ll have to bring back that bunny for a larger role….
    -KG

Count Orlock
    Participant

Good one, Karate guy. 😀 It was quite enjoyable and funny.

Logan
    Participant

Firstly, the technical aspects are good, but it looks more like you’re just moving the figs smoothly, as opposed to naturally. The picture quality is good, although the lighting is just a tiny bit dark. However, it’s not too hard to keep technical aspects at a high standard throughout a short flick. Moreover, the technical aspects seem to be all you’ve focused on, as your films have gone from weird to idiotic. I hardly think “surreal” describes this series any longer, as surreal would be presented in a more…surreal fashion.

Enough with the endless parade of one-joke and largely plotless films. I can’t remember when you last released a film that wasn’t thinner than paper. These shorts aren’t anything challenging; I urge you to make something, whether it be a comedy, a true(with actual meaning) surreal film, or a satire. Between the food-inspired and these “surreal” flicks, I’m starting to wonder if you truly can create anything else. The “Hamburger”, and the like aren’t really anything I long to see. It has simply been overdone. I think I’ll wait until you come up with some new ideas before I download another of your films.

logan

Dragoon
    Participant

It seems Logan feels exactly the same way I do, but he presented his feelings more bluntly, shall we say.

KG
    Participant

“LoganArts Co” wrote: Firstly, the technical aspects are good, but it looks more like you’re just moving the figs smoothly, as opposed to naturally. The picture quality is good, although the lighting is just a tiny bit dark. However, it’s not too hard to keep technical aspects at a high standard throughout a short flick. Moreover, the technical aspects seem to be all you’ve focused on, as your films have gone from weird to idiotic. I hardly think “surreal” describes this series any longer, as surreal would be presented in a more…surreal fashion.

Enough with the endless parade of one-joke and largely plotless films. I can’t remember when you last released a film that wasn’t thinner than paper. These shorts aren’t anything challenging; I urge you to make something, whether it be a comedy, a true(with actual meaning) surreal film, or a satire. Between the food-inspired and these “surreal” flicks, I’m starting to wonder if you truly can create anything else. The “Hamburger”, and the like aren’t really anything I long to see. It has simply been overdone. I think I’ll wait until you come up with some new ideas before I download another of your films.

logan

About time someone wrote a honest criticism. 😀
    I totally agree with most of your points, I’ve noticed my last 4 or so films have suffered in the story and length department.
    Since you guys seem to care so much, I’ll defineity consider pursuing some of my more creative projects after my current one.Thanks
    for the review, Logan!
    But that doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop making the Food or Surreal films.They are way too fun to stop making! 😛
    -KG

hoogiman
    Participant

Didn’t Computer Saavy take a while?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.