Taco Trouble

Home Forums Brickfilming Forums Review Films Taco Trouble

This topic contains 43 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rolz 15 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 44 total)
  • Author

furthur
    Participant

WDLN.TV is proud to present
    Biff Feedback and Mario Strativarius in

Taco Trouble
    Taco Trouble

Length: 14:30 Size: 28 meg

Appearing in their 11th brickfilm together, Biff and Mario are back in a brand-new comedic adventure, their first feature since 1995’s Heart of Darkness. Written by Andy Boyer, Taco Trouble features the vocal talents of Dave Lennie as Biff and Mario, Kari Smith-Boyer as Jane, and Heather Lennie as Savannah. Jeff Laird provides a charming cameo, and Lisa Lennie reprises her role as the “Fabulous Babe” from Oh Well.

Taco Trouble is the story of Mario’s quest to find his friends, Biff and Savannah. Mario discovers they have been captured by the somewhat-evil Doktor X. A mysterious stranger, Queen Jane Approximately, offers her help and together she and Mario risk everything to rescue his helmeted friend and the ubiquitous young female companion. Laughter lurks in every scene.

In 1989, Biff and Mario made their first credited appearance together in the ur-brickfilm, Oh Well. Upon discovering they both dreamed about the same beautiful girl one fateful evening, the duo set out together to find this “Fabulous Babe.” After overcoming a myriad of obstacles, both real and imagined, Biff and Mario achieve their quest, only to be rejected by the vainglorious subject of their dreams. Instead of letting their disappointment overcome them, Biff and Mario are able to rise above their misfortune with a heroic “Oh well,” thus slaying a personal dragon.

Biff and Mario returned in 1990 in TE. We learn that Biff and Mario are still haunted by their failure to find happiness, and the quest they began in Oh Well continues. Mario, consumed with a burning mania, rashly spends their combined funds on an interplanetary vehicle, which he believes can help them achieve their victory over the demons which still plague him. The troubled pair journey to many dark places, sometimes to a new world, sometimes to the shadowy regions of their own minds. Eventually, Biff meets Savannah, a young girl whose father was recently murdered. Her own disturbing past reflects Biff’s growing paranoia about otherworldly demons that possess the living. In the end, Biff is able to achieve a catharsis by ritually slaying a triplet. However, it is actually the power of love, embodied in Savannah, which allows him to escape his stygian mental prison. Unfortunately, Mario is left unfulfilled and his torment escalates.

1995’s Heart of Darkness is an unsettling glimpse into the warped psyche of Mario Strativarius. In a fever dream, Mario’s personality fractures into a gaggle of troubled souls: Bobby and Sally, siblings who represent Mario’s lost childhood; Paul and his mother, a sad reflection of Mario’s own maternal guilt; the giant worm, a gross abstraction of Mario’s impotence; Mr. Death, mortality in the flesh; the mysterious Black Knight, who embodies Mario’s desire for the power to control his future; and Biff and Mario themselves, the yin and yang of Life itself. The film is a meditation on love, disappointment, and failure. In the end, Mario is still unfulfilled as his world crumbles around him and his soul drifts away down the Eternal River.

Taco Trouble finds Mario on the verge of insanity, lost and alone in El Morrow, the City of Everlasting Sorrow. Nearly overcome with grief, Mario meets a kindly stranger on the street, who provides him with a ray of hope. Together, they embark on an epic adventure to rescue Mario’s friends, and perhaps discover the true meaning of their lives.

David West
    Participant

My computer wont play it for some reason, so I’ll just ask my question. Is this the film that the horrifically violent Taco Trouble Fight scene was taken from?

RevMen
    Participant

I love this! I just finished watching it once through. I’ll need to watch it once or twice more before I can come back and write a proper review, but thought this was hillarious.

Younger folks, be warned that there is some slightly adult stuff in here (not too bad, but some). Also, it’s about as violent a brickfilm as one could hope to make, so those who are squeemish about dying minifigs might want to be cautious with this one. Those who are older and collected castle minifigs might want to be careful about this one as well. Poor minifigs 😥

KG
    Participant

What type of adult themes is in it?

RevMen
    Participant

Maybe a couple off-color jokes (nothing too explicit) and a naughty word or two. “Milder” naughty words at that.

furthur
    Participant

“Karateguy” wrote: What type of adult themes is in it?

Graphic, hard-core depiction of flatulency.

KG
    Participant

Fine with me! :mrgreen:

KG
    Participant

Okay,here’s my review:Spoilers

I thought it was funny.The music for the endbattle didn’t seem to fit though.The bathroom gag was hilarious. 😆 “This will make the devil come out of your butt” 😆 😆 😆 I thought the animation was good.I can’t wait for the next sequel in five years. 😆
    end spoilers
    I give it a 7/10.”I don’t have any knees” 😆

Anonymous

hi,

besides the sometimes lousy picture quality a really great movie. Something like Quentin Tarrantino (fight scene reminds of ‘Kill Bill’) meets Arnold Schwarzenegger (Mario’s voice). Animation is good although the framerate seems to be low. The matching of the shots to the music is still great (even if you got used to it from the pre-release of the fight scene). 15 minutes and there is not a second of boredom. A definite must for all, who can stand a few minifigs dying a GRAPHIC way.

brickbrock

Mr. Less
    Participant

Wow…. that has got to be the most blood used on one plastic man.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.