The Oven

Home Forums Brickfilming Forums Review Films The Oven

This topic contains 49 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Eclipse Productions 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Smeagol
    Participant

This is my entry for AP Wagner’s “Oldest Appliance Contest.” It tells the story of a man and his very old oven…once upon a midnight dreary.

Running Time: 2 Minutes (the contest time limit)

Film Download Page

-Smeagol

DawnSoikis
    Participant

So good!!! Edgar Allen Poe style!
    That was totally awsome!
    I really enjoyd the special effects and the storytelling is wonderfull!
    A true masterpiece!…In my opinion…

EDIT: What effect software did you use for the fire?…or was that a stock futage?

Anonymous

Wow, Very nice!
    The image quality was sharp and the sets were very intricate. As is usual for a camera of such resolution, I noticed pieces of dust dancing around on the lead character in the final shot. So far this is my favorite of your films.

Munzapoppa
    Participant

Awesome film Smeagol. Great image quality and special effects (which I really wish I could do in Axogon Composer). Now I finally see what you were using the CGI model that you posted in the WIP thread for.

Great job.

-MMM

Schlockading
    Participant

Indeed. Excellent in most respects; some of the animation was a little choppy in places. Also, the narration seemed a little too rushed in spots and I couldn’t quite make out everything that was said. Still, the rhymes were funny, especially towards the end when they sounded sort of like the narrator was running out of ideas and having to come with them on the spot. The image quality was great, as were the sets and everything. Nice work.

Thrawn
    Participant

Very well done! I liked the narration, though I have to agree it did seem a little rushed at some parts. I thought the effects were well done too, as were the sets and animation.

Excellent work, 5/5. 🙂

Anonymous

Wow. Incredible, no more words can describe this film. Well there are more. But I’m still in awe….

-ddrblank-

Lackadaisical
    Participant

The file size and my internet make your smooth animation look like its at 7 fps. Thats my best complaint so…

Leonardo812
    Participant

Wow. Great job, Smeagol. You have this unique story-telling ability through the medium of film. This one was a particular jewel. Very enjoyable.

Nick Durron
    Participant

😆 Great work, Smeagol. The pacing was way too fast (though there was a time limit), but the rhymes were hilarious, and the visual effects excellent. The script was amazingly clever from beginning to end, which really made the film enjoyable.

In regards to the atmosphere, the lighting wasn’t nearly as interesting half the time as it could have been.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.